Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovecats, the same thing happened to me when both my maternal grandparents died, my first full name is Kristine but they spelled it Kristene, oh well no biggie, I'd had that problem all through school so I'm used to it.

How this for totally out there, my paternal grandfather's name was Robert L. McCormick Sr., my dad is Robert L. McCormick Jr. When I went to the DMV here in Ga to change my TX driver's licence they insisted on putting Jr. after my full name even though I'm a female & clearly not a Jr.
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
      How this for totally out there, my paternal grandfather's name was Robert L. McCormick Sr., my dad is Robert L. McCormick Jr. When I went to the DMV here in Ga to change my TX driver's licence they insisted on putting Jr. after my full name even though I'm a female & clearly not a Jr.
      Our local food stamp office keeps changing my info to say I'm black. I change it and six months later, I'm black again. You know what they say...

Back on topic, my grandfather is a Jr., but insists on calling himself the II. Not sure why, I should ask him. There was never a III.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
        Our local food stamp office keeps changing my info to say I'm black. I change it and six months later, I'm black again. You know what they say...

even though I find that phrase to be on the stupid side, in this situation however and you owe me a new monitor.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          even though I find that phrase to be on the stupid side, in this situation however and you owe me a new monitor.
          Rule #1 violation. Your monitor is on you.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
            When I went to the DMV here in Ga to change my TX driver's licence they insisted on putting Jr. after my full name even though I'm a female & clearly not a Jr.
            Sounds like typical bureaucracy - when their records differ from the world outside, obviously the world outside is wrong, since THEIR records are always correct, so the world outside needs to be corrected to match their records.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Back on topic, my grandfather is a Jr., but insists on calling himself the II. Not sure why, I should ask him. There was never a III.
              Now THAT is pretentious!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Now THAT is pretentious!
                I think he does it for professional reasons. He works on a military base and is rather high-ranked, so I think "Jr." would make him seem less important. I give it a pass because he IS important, just about every other field of employment on the base comes to him for one reason or another.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
                X