This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow

SC: I am upset, yes and deeply offended that you charged me overdraft fees nine days in a row

Me: ok I see the account was overdrawn. Are any of these charges unauthorized?

SC: no, they are not. I know I overdrew my account because money is tight. I'll overdraw it again and you will not charge any more fees. I have a total of 57 overdraft fees and I want every last one reversed. Other banks don't do this. At my credit union, I overdraw my account there and they never charge a fee. You're just gonna have to be more flexible.

Me: I can't reverse all my fees

SC: no, no, no, no........manager, right now

I put her on hold

SC: ok we don't have a manager available right now but I can put you in a voicemail and they can call you within an hour

Me: no, not voicemail. I'll hold

SC: i'm afraid that's not opinion

Me: You are pissing me the fuck off. You don't fuckin tell me I can't speak to a manager

SC: it's voicemail or call back

Me: no, I'll hold

SC: that's not an opinion

Me: you are really making me furious. No voicemail. I am holding your line up.

SC: ok, I'm putting you in a voicemail

Me: You do that and I will find you and fucking murder you

SC: ok well I am still putting you in the voicemail but since you're making death threats and this is a recorded line and we have your phone number, we will be forwarding this to your local police department

Me: I am the customer here.You can't do that. You better not call the police on me or I will sue you....you piece of shit....you fucked with the wrong guy...I'll.....

Put him right in the voicemail and called the police

>Me: You do that and I will find you and fucking murder you

Aw, don't tell the customer you'll murder them. It just gets them agitated.

Comment

After "I put her on hold" all lines that start "SC" should be "me" and vice verse.

Comment

Dbuzman, if you look at the bottom of your original post you should see 4 boxes (if you look at the bottom of anyone else's post, you'll see 3 boxes). The leftmost of the 4 boxes says "edit" - you can go in and change the attributions where you got "SC" and "Me" reversed.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Dbuzman, if you look at the bottom of your original post you should see 4 boxes (if you look at the bottom of anyone else's post, you'll see 3 boxes). The leftmost of the 4 boxes says "edit" - you can go in and change the attributions where you got "SC" and "Me" reversed.
          Wasn't my op, I just posted that for the benefit of others.

Comment

Holy cow. I was overdrawn for four days once because I was struggling to handle my finances. I got charged £27 each of those four days. I was not happy, but it was me that I was not happy with. I just sucked it up. And here I am, years later, and guess what? I'm not scarred for life by the experience. Just. Deal. With. It. GEEZ.

Comment

Why is it I see moneybags' workplace having trouble collecting these fees?

I'm glad you called the police, hopefully they'll do something about it...

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                Holy cow. I was overdrawn for four days once because I was struggling to handle my finances. I got charged £27 each of those four days. I was not happy, but it was me that I was not happy with. I just sucked it up. And here I am, years later, and guess what? I'm not scarred for life by the experience. Just. Deal. With. It. GEEZ.
                Been there, done that before. Not the bank's fault . . . all you can do is as Evannah said and deal.

Dealing w/life's unpleasantries is the bane of adulthood. Too bad more folks didn't get that memo.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

57 overdraft fees? Holy cow that will cost a pretty penny. And the credit union doesn't charge such fees? Uh huh.

1) Why not bank with the credit union then?
                  2) Oh wait, you probably did. And if you have a history of over drafting your account, that's probably why you're now banking with the OP's bank, right?
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Why would the bank allow that many drafts on an overdrawn account? You'd think it would just start throwing an error at the gateway at some point.
                    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                    And it's not what I wanted to be
                    The weight on me
                    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

So they did this knowing the money wasn't there to cover. "Money is tight." Welcome to the real world, pal! Don't spend what you don't have.

Who wants to bet a lot of those charges are for things that don't fall under the headings of food, shelter, or medicine?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                        Why would the bank allow that many drafts on an overdrawn account? You'd think it would just start throwing an error at the gateway at some point.
                        The bank must just want the fees to rack up.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Of-course not.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          So they did this knowing the money wasn't there to cover. "Money is tight." Welcome to the real world, pal! Don't spend what you don't have.

Who wants to bet a lot of those charges are for things that don't fall under the headings of food, shelter, or medicine?
                          In total I have Water, Natural Gas, Power, Property Tax, Gasoline Car Insurance, House Insurance, Food.

That comes to seven(7) items I MUST pay for to live around here. Most people rarely have more than ten(10) things they MUST pay for for day to day life.

This person has 57 overdrafts, it is very unlikely most of them were for anything important.

Comment

Hm, mortgage, electric, cell phone, cable/internet, fuel for heating, vehicle/insurance/fuel/repairs, food/household goods. No credit cards.

We don't believe in credit cards, and do our damnedest not to co out of the budget. We actually have a small savings account with an automatic deposit that we use for emergency and vacation funding.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Overdrafts

Yes some banks will allow numerous overdrafs (ahem boa is one I know). When our card was hit with fraud back in 2007 we had nearly 2k in Overdraft fees. Charged by the lovely people in Canada and california and some other places. We live in Kansas. We couldn't get approved for pass to go to KC much less to California.

My experience with overdrafts has been there are TWO types.

One is credit based. And if you do it often enough certain banks will cut you off .

The other overdraft is usually linked to a savings account, so if you overdraft the checking it will pop out of your savings to cover the expense without costing you a fee.
                              Obviously once you empty the savings the overdraft no longer exists.

Credit unions are much more fickle than regular banks. Most likely has either option 2 or has been rebuffed on option 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X