This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you going on about

We have our share of people that get confused about prices, due to the fact that we lay our store out a lot differently to the other supermarket.

This lady however took it to a new level.

She comes in with a receipt and points out a can of tuna that she had gotten. Lady starts going on about how it should have been 24 pence off, I tell her if such an offer existed then it would have come off during the transaction. No she says it was on the ticket ... so I take her to the area where we have the item ... and lo and behold it has no assigned price ticket.

I talk to my manager and she says the product hasn't had a price ticket come in with the delivery of the item (a regular occurrence in our store, leaving a vast majority of handwritten price tags, and we hadn't done that item yet), so we tell the customer we have no way to verify her claim and she needs to talk to customer service. Woman still says that the price was on the ticket.

What ticket lady? The invisible one?

We have no idea what to do since we can't verify the offer, there is no ticket and we can't give you money if the product has rung up at it's current going price in the system. If you wanted to prove the price the other can rung up at then perhaps you should have brought both receipts so we can see 'oh yes it rung up in that till on this day at such and such a price, so that other till has a glitch in it' but with just one receipt and no ticket there is nothing more we can do about it

We still had no idea how she knew that a product with no price ticket was on offer, even my manager couldn't figure out what the woman was going on about.

Trying to Jedi Mind Trick store staff only works for the customer who has a mind.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Well, see, in HER universe it was on sale. She just got off at the wrong stop on the La-La-Land bus.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How many times has someone told me there was a sale sign, or it was on sale "in the ad" or online or whatever. I can't do a price change for some random (possibly made up) amount. If I can see something, anything, which backs their claim I can work with it! But "it was on sale" is not helpful if there is no sign, and I can't find it in the current sale flyer.

On that note, I'm assuming that the price ticket is some kind of sale sign? And, slightly off topic, the other day we found a 10 pence coin in a register.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The price ticket is just that, a ticket/tag on the edge of the shelf stating the cost of merchandise on said shelf. Very few stores here still put individual tags on products, especially in supermarkets.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
          X