X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    If I had been in that line....
    OMG, it didn't even occur to me. I wish it had! I so would have done it! He was a total dick.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I get that all of the time, too..."Why do you need my social security number/passcode/etc.?!!??"

Because...we're giving you 5 $900 smartphones and we kind of need to have a way to charge you for them if you decide to cut and run. We're a phone company, not the Salvation Army.
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

You know what the weirdest thing for me is? I get the opposite.

Case in point, we just finished up a bank conversion from XP to Windows 7 where the bank does allow information to be stored locally (albeit encrypted) During the conversion we had to backup all the user created information first. Now to do that we had a separate login exclusive to the conversion techs which would allow us to do the backup but no access to the files.

Every branch I went to had at least one person asking me if they needed to stay logged on for our purposes. I had to keep telling these people that we actually needed them to do the opposite because we can't access the system if it gets locked down when the screensaver starts up.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
        X