This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIL that a Bridezilla...

...thought we could force boats in the harbour to move so they wouldn't be in her wedding photos.

It's wedding season and we've been having at least two weddings a weekend at the hotel. It's got a lovely view of the harbour and Signal Hill so it makes sense that people want to get some nice pictures.

But, the harbour is a working harbour that gets some very big boats in. Boats that aren't picturesque or as cute as a little yellow dory. And we have absolutely no control over when these ships are in port, tied up at the harbour.

Yet one Bridezilla recently lost her mind over this because the ship directly in the way of the shots she wanted was massive and ugly (it, and the rest of the fleet it belongs to, IS ugly - bright orange and muddy yellow). She apparently stormed the front desk to demand that they do something to get the boat moved long enough to no spoil her wedding photos, and was told that there was nothing they could do about the boat. Bridezilla went all the way up the chain of management at the hotel and was told the same thing - it's a working harbour, we have no control over the ships docked there.

Bridezilla then managed to contact the harbour master and made the same outrageous demand. When her demand was denied she freaked out further and demanded that the hotel refund her hotel room, the banquet, and everything else. Needless to say, those requests got denied as well.

In her need to somehow get back at the hotel, she (and the groom) pretty much ransacked their hotel room that night. Red wine was splashed liberally around the room, and the crisp white bedding was marked with several purple stains that even soaked into the duvet. Rose petals where crushed and smushed into the carpet. It was a pain to clean up...but the damage and extra cleaning the room required were added onto the credit card used to pay for the room. Which I only discovered today when a couple of front desk people were in the lunch room talking about the woman who showed up that morning to dispute extra charges on her credit card - the mother of the bride.

Not the Red Wedding I imagined it would be but it sounds like it came close.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
      In her need to somehow get back at the hotel, she (and the groom) pretty much ransacked their hotel room that night....Which I only discovered today when a couple of front desk people were in the lunch room talking about the woman who showed up that morning to dispute extra charges on her credit card - the mother of the bride.
      In cases like this, someone should take time-and-date-stamped pictures, and plenty of them, or a video of the damage and show them to the person disputing the charges.

Momzilla: My darling daughter and her new husband stayed here and you put extra charges on her room for no reason! I demand they be removed!
      Manager: Let's see...they stayed in room 123 on February 31, right?
      Momzilla: That's right!
      Manager cues up the video on the computer and turns the screen so Momzilla can see: the camera focuses on the door of 123, then goes in and takes in every inch of the room, zooming in on the messes.
      Manager: I'd say they gave us plenty of reason to put extra charges on their room. Great job raising your daughter.
      Momzilla turns red and stomps out the door.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was very tempted to take photos of the mess, but we're not allowed to have cameras/cell phones on us while on duty. Instead I told my boss who wrote a report detailing the mess that was left. From what I understand MoB was less than thrilled with her daughter. I've got a feeling that MoB may be going after her daughter and son-in-law for the extra charges, which is only right.

This same Bridezilla was also throwing a fit before the ceremony because she was upset that the hair stylist couldn't give her the hairstyle she wanted. I could hear her screaming and crying after she got back from her hair appointment because it wasn't what she wanted. Listening to the bridesmaids (I was assigned several rooms on that same floor so I heard a lot of things) talk, it's a miracle the bride even got seen - she'd never been to this stylist before that day, and wanted a style that would have required extensions to be installed in order to give the bridezilla the length she wanted...of course, she never thought to inform the stylist of this so that the stylist could, I don't know, order the extensions in the first place!

At this point I'm sort of pitying the new husband, but considering he was partly responsible for the mess in their room I'm not too pitiful

Comment

Yep, they sound like a perfectly matched couple ...

And I hope MoB has some REALLY harsh words for her daughter and new SIL. And next time they need financial help, let them go to a bank.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Really? Whatever happened to just wanting to spend the rest of your life with your soulmate? When did the wedding become all-important? Yes, you want things to go well, but at the same time so long as the ceremony goes ahead and you sign the register then everything else is extraneous.

The example I bring to mind in these situations comes from an article (with pictures!) that I read in a magazine years ago. The bride was actually a wedding organiser at a posh ex-stately home turned hotel/wedding venue, and decided to get married there (probably with a decent employee discount).

The night before the wedding there was a fire in the kitchen and everyone got evacuated. There was massive smoke damage to parts of the building, and everything inside (including clothing in cupboards) stunk of smoke and anything out of a cupboard went a dingy grey colour.

The bride was given a choice; rebook at a later date with the venue paying for the wedding clothes to be cleaner/replaced as appropriate, or go ahead with the wedding that day and have wedding photos taken in their outfits at a later date for no additional cost.

The bride got married that day as to her, marrying her fiancee was more important than the fact that her wedding outfit was pyjamas, dressing gown, hair curlers and bunny slippers. The photos of her getting married were taken on a disposable camera (the smoke had damaged the professional photographer's equipment) and were displayed with as much respect as the later professional photographs in them in their wedding outfits.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Greek, that would also make a good story to tell those looking at the photos

Comment

Good enough for a national magazine to run it!
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I'm going to play devil's advocate here...

Does the advertising for the hotel play off on the scenic views there, with lots of beautiful photos of the harbor? If so, the bride might've been somewhat justified in thinking it was false advertising. Though thinking you could get ships moved for them is a bit lol.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    ...When did the wedding become all-important? Yes, you want things to go well, but at the same time so long as the ceremony goes ahead and you sign the register then everything else is extraneous.
                    Some friends of mine had a great big posh wedding. Complete with an old Rolls-Royce as their wedding limo.

Being old and British, it decided not to start when it was time to take the bride to the church. Her bridesmaids were freaking out, and she was just smiling and calm. "It doesn't matter if we get there late or have to take a cab, I'm still marrying the most wonderful man in the world."

The driver did get the car started after a little while, and they made it to the wedding. It was an amazing wedding, and everybody seemed as happy as I've seen anyone. (Even when the father of the bride was crying his eyes out during his toast, they were happy tears!)
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                      I'm going to play devil's advocate here...

Does the advertising for the hotel play off on the scenic views there, with lots of beautiful photos of the harbor? If so, the bride might've been somewhat justified in thinking it was false advertising. Though thinking you could get ships moved for them is a bit lol.
                      Agreed, it is frustrating if the advertising includes the lovely scenic views of the harbour, but ... anybody with a functioning brain should understand that harbours have, you know, practical purposes as well as photographic ones.

And the reactions of her and her hubby to the justifiable refusal to move VERY BIG SHIPS for their oh-so-precious wedding photos was well beyond pathetic.
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

The advertising shows pictures of Signal Hill and the harbour entrance, but nothing says that scenic views are guaranteed. I double-checked the hotel's website last night and was going to post, but bed called my name very loudly.

Comment

And there was me thinking I'd heard everything when one woman, who was due to get married at the church in my village, asked my mother (who was church warden at the time) to stop people putting flowers on their relatives' graves that weekend, in case the colours didn't go with her scheme.
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I have two coworkers one is engaged and the other is "engaged". The first one had the text book whirlwind romance. Starting dating last June, engaged January, getting married November. This is all planned, it's happening.

Second coworker is "engaged". She's been with the guy for almost a decade, they have a kid, he's said that he didn't want to marry her but here they are "engaged". I put it that way because this only happened after the first coworker got engaged. This happened in February? March? Still no date set because reasons. As of right now this may not happen for a few more years. She's also convinced that our store is going to have to shut down because everyone will want to be there for this event. On a beach somewhere. We're in the Midwest. I'm sure that if the time ever does come this coworker will be a Bridezilla and God help anyone that has to deal with her.

Sorry for the slight threadjack.
                            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

There are several very popular wedding venues in Prescott. I once was an assistant curator at one that was so popular they had a wedding coordinator to be sure that things moved along and every couple got the time they were allotted for ceremony and pictures. There were daily meltdowns because they didn't plan properly and lost picture time because everything started late. Or because they didn't even bother to make reservations, just showed up with the entire wedding party expecting to just stroll into the garden or chapel and have their special day.

I rarely had to get involved in the disputes because the coordinator was a hardass who wouldn't put up with drama.

One summer day, a properly booked wedding party showed up on time and proceeded to start. Desert summer storms are rather unpredictable and can be rather violent. During the 15 minutes everyone was getting things set up, the beautiful clear sky clouded over. The groom and preacher were in their places and the bride was walking the garden path to them when the sky opened.

The everyone fled to cover except the preacher, the groom and the bride. She was instantly soaked, her beautiful long flowing lacy dress gained 40 lbs, her hair was hanging in her face and her make-up was running down her face. She ignored everything but her goal, kicked her skirts out of the way and slogged up the path to get married.

She was wearing towels in the wedding pictures but it was pretty obvious that she cared nothing about that. All she cared about was being joined to her adoring husband.

Comment

Working...
                              X