This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!

Today was a nice calm day at the cinema... So I thought...
    I got two late comers for a movie and I thought it would be fine. I give them their tickets and they go off to the cinema to find their seats. Although, one of the guys came back saying that its pitch black in the cinema. That's what happens when movies start... lights turn off....
    Anyway, I grab a torch and go into the cinema to lead them to some empty seats. As I walk in I hear the other guy yelling "IT'S SO DARK!! I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!!" Jesus, dude shut up people are trying to watch the movie!!! I lead them to a seat trying my hardest not to disturb people. These guys expect me to just walk in front of everyone and basically point them to empty seats. Nope, I just shine my torch on an empty aisle but for some reason they wanted to ruin people's day and walk in front of everyone. Someone made a comment "You should of gotten here earlier when the lights were on!" I like that lady.
    How have I not killed anyone yet?

People like that are one of the reasons I want to get to the theater early. Even though I generally hate sitting through the stupid commercials and the way-too-loud trailers for movies you couldn't pay me to watch.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We only go to one of the fancy upscale places with assigned seats and food and drink, and sit in the all the way back row. I can just manage to crutch my way in but really can't handle stairs or the sideways walking to shuffle into the middle of a row. And I really hate having people behind me! As long as we are not hitting something really popular, or at least not right after it opens, it is usually fairly sparsley populated as most people are cheap and don't want to make it a dinner date.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Nothing I hate more than "late arrivers" at the movies. Then again, I always linger in the hallway and never enter until the trailers and other pre-show bullshit is over...

Comment

I went to see the second Matrix movie by myself on a Wednesday afternoon figuring the theater would be fairly empty and of course it was. I settle down with my popcorn and wait for the movie to start. It was well into the previews when these two dingleberries come walking in and sit right behind me. There were rows and rows of where they could sit but no. They chatted during the whole movie and one of them got up to use the bathroom and then asked what happened while they were gone. I mean it wasn't like it was simple to explain (besides that fact that the story was confusing enough to sit through the whole thing). Then at the end it comes up "To be continued..." they start making all these "Aww, man" kind of noises. As soon as the credits came up I left the theater, I usually like to wait to the very end when the theater lights come back up but those two clowns messed up my day.

No, I didn't say anything because I'm chicken like that at least I was back then now it might be a different story.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Oh no they did not. Seriously? Some people are so just so bloody self-absorbed and don't care that other people have gotten there early, paid and are trying to watch a movie that THEY are disrupting. I love that lady. I'd have said something too. The first time I actually spoke out against rudeness was when I was around 12 years old. We were waiting in a queue for a small, family roller-coaster. A woman with two snotty daughters just pushed through the line and got right in front. I could remember the woman saying that they shouldn't have to wait in a queue and told her daughters they were special. My brother got mad and he was younger than me. My mum was fuming too. I told the snotty woman and her bratty children off, calling them rude, that people were waiting their turn and it wasn't fair. My mum got a mouthful of abuse and was told that she needs to take better control of her brats.

I can remember it all, 16 years later!

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
              ... My mum got a mouthful of abuse and was told that she needs to take better control of her brats...
              Thereby demonstrating, that in her (the woman) mind, "Stink don't shit."
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One cinema near me doesn't allow people to go into a viewing once the film has started. Apparently, the staff always end up dealing with whiny brats who turn up twenty minutes after the start of the movie who can't grasp this small fact. I feel sorry for them.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Thereby demonstrating, that in her (the woman) mind, "Stink don't shit."
                  Yep! My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    One cinema near me doesn't allow people to go into a viewing once the film has started. Apparently, the staff always end up dealing with whiny brats who turn up twenty minutes after the start of the movie who can't grasp this small fact. I feel sorry for them.
                    I don't. If you really want to see a movie, you won't arrive twenty minutes frigging late.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      I don't. If you really want to see a movie, you won't arrive twenty minutes frigging late.
                      I think they're referring to the staff, not the drag-ass sucktomers.
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        Ah...that would make more sense.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                          Yes, I am cuz I know from bitter experience how annoying it is to have to listen to an SC whine about a problem which is their own damn fault.

As for the cinema SCs, serves them right.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X