X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Here's what I learned:

-The guest registered to the room was caught by police.
    -The registered guest was given money to rent the room for someone else
    -The registered guest told police that the other person admitted they intended to steal the TV.
    -The other person knew the room is in a camera blind spot. Though that still didn't prevent us from getting a clear view from another camera.
    Look at them yo-yos........
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I want my
      I want my
      I want my MTV

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        NOW if you can find the FULL version of that song these days, GOOD LUCK.
        I'm sure you can find the full version on YouTube.

Canadian Radio (and TV I assume, if you can find a TV station playing music) can't play the full version. The song actually got banned in Canada for about 6 months a couple of years ago (yes 30-some years after it was released) because of the "That little faggot, he's a millionaire" line.

The CRTC relented a bit and said stations could play it, as long as it was a radio edited version without that line. Apparently because of the song length, that line was already edited out in a lot of the play versions anyway.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          You play your gi-tar on the M....wait, never mind. What stations actually still play music videos?
          Music Choice on our local digital cable. All kinds of genres on all kinds of channels!

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
            Music Choice on our local digital cable. All kinds of genres on all kinds of channels!
            Funny you should mention that. While surfing through those channels one night I came across "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.

On the very next channel: the song MC Hammer sampled, Rick James' "Superfreak."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
              I'm sure you can find the full version on YouTube.

Canadian Radio (and TV I assume, if you can find a TV station playing music) can't play the full version. The song actually got banned in Canada for about 6 months a couple of years ago (yes 30-some years after it was released) because of the "That little faggot, he's a millionaire" line.

The CRTC relented a bit and said stations could play it, as long as it was a radio edited version without that line. Apparently because of the song length, that line was already edited out in a lot of the play versions anyway.
              Even here in the US most of the radio stations have completely edited out the 2d verse with the offensive reference NOT just the one line. which is weird because there are enough songs that have one offensive word and either the word/phrase is silenced or changed/dubbed over.

If you do browse YouTube for that song Mark Knoffler have done at least 5 or more versions where he subs other words or terms for the offensive one.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Funny you should mention that. While surfing through those channels one night I came across "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.

On the very next channel: the song MC Hammer sampled, Rick James' "Superfreak."
                Nice. This thread came to mind yesterday as I was getting on the highway and Money for Nothing came on the oldies radio station I was listening to.

Comment

Working...
                X