This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my burger!

On my lunch break yesterday I ran into the mall food court to get lunch and at the front of the line were this old couple.

It was odd because the lovely cashier who usually works there had two registers open, that hasn't ever happened before. I get to the front of the line and the old lady who has moved to the side budges back in front of me and snaps

"where is his burger we are in a hurry, why is this taking so long!"
    the cashier stands there for a few seconds her jaw on the floor and stammers

"your, your order was only put in 30 seconds ago"
    "We have been standing here for 15 MINUTES HURRY UP!"

The cashier just shakes her head and looks at the burger slot then just starts to take my order. The woman stands there and sighs and hrumpfs and taps her hand on the counter.

Maybe a minute later the burger is put on a tray and is handed to her and she exists with a "that certainly took long enough!"

The cashier told me that the couple took SO LONG she had to open the other register, she served 6 other people while they decided to order. We have talked a lot over the last couple of years because their yam fries are the best. The cashier was steaming mad!

I normally would have told the old woman how rude it was to interrupt but I had my name badge on and was in uniform so I have to play nice.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Why do I suspect Customer Standard Time is involved - that basically they started counting from when they first got there not from when the order was actually placed.... and times it by 5!
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Or

They really were there for 15 minutes!

But they took 14 minutes and 30 seconds to decide what to order then expected the order to be ready as soon as they gave it because they now only have 3 minutes to get to their next appointment.

Comment

I had a similar thing happen today. Lady walked to the counter and I came walking over. The whole thing took maybe 5 seconds. She frowned at me while I was coming over and then said "I've been standing here for ages."

WHUT.

Comment

Urg. So irritating. This happens so much at my work. I was counting a lot of yardage, very obviously (I count out loud so everyone can hear) helping somebody, and somebody interrupts... I acknowledge them by saying "Just one sec" or something... I literally count two more yards to finish, and the person has already flounced off in a huff. The whole encounter took 10-15 seconds. Bonus since I could hear her muttering about finding someone else. Good luck, hag, I was you best bet.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Good luck, hag, I was you best bet.
            Annis: One of the types of hag in AD&D
            Anus: Synonym for asshole

Pronounced almost the same. Coincidence?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Had to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
              X