This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Black Thursday/Friday Debriefing Thread

For all the folks doing battle with the frenzied hordes....when do you work, what will you be doing, what did the SCs do this year?

Working 5:45 pm to 6 am Thursday into Friday. I'll be running on coffee and ibuprofin.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Thankfully off on BF, although it's never as bad when it comes to supermarkets as opposed to retail outlets (most people don't even want to think about food after Thanksgiving). I'll probably drop by Best Buy and see if they have any good deals on movies.

Comment

Working 7am till ? (Literally, a ? On my schedule) Thursday, then 10 till 8 on Friday after the insanity. At least I won't be cleaning up excess merchandise on Friday like I usually have to. The best sales are Thursday.

Comment

I work my usual noon - 830. I expect to get deluged with 'why did my charge get declined'
        At least my company considers it a holiday so double pay on Black Friday.

Comment

I intend to be with one or more of my siblings on Thursday, and hiding under my bed on Friday.

Comment

Working 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM on Thursday, then 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM on Friday.

Comment

4:00 AM to 12:00 Wednesday and Friday, 5:00 AM to 1:00 Saturday. Our company is *spoiler alert!* doing Black Friday sales/doorbusters on Wednesday and Friday. It is supposed to be a surprise.

Edit: I mean the Wednesday sales! Obviously not the Friday ones.
              Last edited by notalwaysright; 11-22-2014, 10:07 PM.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Normally I don't do Black Friday. I suspect Evil Empryss will drag me somewhere on Friday, however.

If so, I'll spend more time on alert for Sightings than actually shopping since I hate shopping on BF.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'm on Friday 2:30 to close, and I am bringing 0 patience with me. especially for people like the guy on the phone last year who thought we'd hold a macbook for him when he had to drive an hour to us. It's Black Friday we are holding nothing.
                  Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                  Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

One advantage to working in a grocery store: BF is usually pretty slow for us.

I'll be home cooking on Thursday and heading back into the back room by 7 a.m. on Friday as I have deliveries coming in and dates to check on/reclaim to handle/cigarettes to count.

My heart goes out to those who have to deal with the great masses, though.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'll be hiding under my blankets this year since by some miracle, or the SM of the Warehouse is too awesome for words, I'm OFF on Black Friday. Or both, I'm going for both.

The Warehouse is closed and Random Craft Store is open on Thanksgiving, thankfully Random Craft Store is by volunteers only. I won't be, I did that once and only once won't do it again -- unless anyone wants a decomposing corpse help them with crafts.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working in our Walk-In (Urgent Care) Clinic noon-8:00 PM Wednesday, on call Wednesday night through Friday AM (Appointment clinic and Walk-In clinic both closed Thursday), Working 9-4 Friday. Appointment clinic is open Black Friday but it functions differently that day, only same-day appointments and walk-in patients. So patients can either walk in and be seen in an appointment slot, or they can call that morning and reserve an appointment slot later in the day. Appointment clinic closes at 4:00 on Friday, WIC stays open until 8:00. I expect a lot of people visiting from elsewhere, the usual sprinkling of drug seekers, a dollop of WTF patients (e.g, patients like the one that made me think "WTF? You waited 2 hours to have your wart looked at on New Year's Day???"), and a boatload of demands to have refills done for people who are completely out of important medication and didn't plan ahead.
                        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Off Mon & Tue, work Wed, off Thanksgiving, then working 12-9 on Friday. I dont foresee me getting anything from another store, but I may leave early for work to get to target before I start to grab a few DVDs.

Comment

Thursday completely off (including no classes), working my normal 12:30-7:30 on Friday. I work in a thrift store, and management is of the opinion that we'll see lower customer volume than normal since they'll theoretically be shopping elsewhere. I live in hope. I do not intend to go near any store between roughly Wednesday and about the following Monday if I can possibly avoid it.
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

4p to 11p on Turkey Day at the Big Yellow Price Tag, followed by 7:30a to 7:30p on Black Friday.

I'll be having my Thanksgiving Dinner on Wednesday.
                              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X