Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Thursday by some miracle, was originally scheduled from 12 am to 11:30 PM on Friday...straight.

Yeah, I got that changed.

Comment

I got my beloved closing shift on Friday! It is the one day of the year we can't work on projects so all we have to do is clean up from the morning. Pretty chill shift for me!!
      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

At my red roof pizza place we usually get slammed all day long.

For lunch we get the retailers buying employees lunch --- so big orders ensue. Tips are variable.

for dinner (my shift) we get slammed as people are SOOOOOO tired from shopping till they drop AND continuing the weekend long party they just order out. Again Tips are variable.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Got lucky and work 7-12 Wednesday, off Thursday and Friday, but I work in a private daycare so...

The boyfriend works at a high end grocery chain and was slated to work 10-6 but he's getting out by 3-3:30 now since his boss thinks the place will be dead.

Comment

For once I'm not working the overnight. Talked to Pricing Guru P and he confirmed that since I am not technically night crew I am contracturally forbidden from punching in at all on Thursday (store is closed), to not bother showing up until opening on Friday and do tags in the morning as it should be slow. Fine by me (night crew is going to have enough to deal with without tripping over my ass, I'll pull down what I can on Wednesday). I'm sure I'll have some tales though.

It's only an extra 8 bucks for that shift anyway, I'll more than make that up during the week. I am dreading Wednesday though...one of the shift leads wanted to start a betting pool on how many of our new hires would survive.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-24-2014, 04:26 AM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Decided to boycott any retail stores open on Thursday this year. Not just for the Thursday, but for the Christmas season entirely. Sympathies to all who have to work it.

I work 8:30 to 7:30 on Friday, but I don't expect it to be busy. Most of our work will be completed earlier in the week, doing all the thousand dollar holiday loans and credit cards for people planning on Black Friday shopping.

Comment

Working 3pm to 10pm Thursday and then have to be back at 5am to 4pm on Friday.
                "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

To all who have to work on Thanksgiving/Black Friday, you have my sympathies. I absolutely refuse to shop anywhere on Thanksgiving (and I am off on my job) or BF (working anyways). I know there will be better deals out there than I may have gotten, but I did my Christmas layaway last month at Kmart for my 2 kids, and save for some stocking stuffers, I am done. I worked retail too many years to want to wander into stores after Thanksgiving.

Comment

I am not working on Black Friday-- not that it would ultimately matter, because I'm no longer working retail-- but I have no intentions on leaving the house at all. My family will be having our Thanksgiving dinner on Black Friday, since I'm working on Turkey Day itself.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Personally, I will be avoiding as many retail outlets as possible, as often as possible, and ordering all of my gifts online.
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

i'm working to help out with the Christmas rush at the "ginormous-warehouse-named-after-a-south-american-river" company... so i'll be working my usual hours from 5:30pm till 4am at my usual job, which is... loading things with bar codes into carts with bar codes, and loading those things with bar codes from carts with bar codes into bins with bar codes. i don't see products anymore... i see bar codes. (there's even MORE bar codes used in other parts of the building, but my current job is only related to the intake portion of it.)

bright side.. i don't have to deal with crazy SCs. XD

Comment

I get the pleasure of opening C-Store both days. 4AM to 10:30AM Thursday, when I'll get to watch the hordes come in for their overpriced papers with allllll the BF ads in them. Then I'm back 4AM to 12:45PM Friday. Thankfully, most people are anywhere BUT a C-Store at that time on BF morning!
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Y'all might hate me for this.....

My regular schedule is every day shift except Wednesday and Sunday. However, this week, I am working Wednesday and have Friday off, per a request I put in a couple of months ago. Yes, I requested Black Friday off.

No, it was not to shop. I could give two shits about shopping on Black Friday. And I work in a bar, so it's not like we get a lot of Black Friday shoppes anyway. Heck, a lot of people who live here take a day trip to the mainland to do their Black Friday shopping. I will not be joining them. So, why DID I take the day off?

Football.

But not just any old football. Friday is one of my Holy Days, as my glorious Arizona State Sun Devils play those idiots from the University of Arizona, a game I Never Miss. And as kickoff is rather early this year, at 3:30 pm ET (1:30 pm Arizona time), and I am usually working till around 7:00 pm on Fridays, I had to request the day off. So I will have my happy little maroon-and-gold-clad ass planted firmly on a bar stool by 2:00 pm for food and beer, and to yell my fool head off.

As an added bonus, because of the scheduling of the NFL games on Thursday, I am actually getting out earlier than normal, as they are bringing both nighttime bartenders on at 3:00, so I'm gonna be seeing which of my friends will be available for shenanigans or has an empty seat at their table for me. As long as I get stuffing, my favorite holiday dish, I'll be happy. And seeing as I plan on making it, that's pretty much a guarantee. (Need to post something about this on Facebook.)

And while I am not a shopper, I may poke my head into the local Radio Shack or Apple Store pre-game on Friday, as I really need a new laptop. Anyone know what deals those places may be offering?

And before anyone advocates tarring and feathering me for thinking about shopping on Black Friday, remember that down here it is not a madhouse shopping day like it is on the mainland. They have sales, yes, but the tourists aren't really shopping, and most of the locals are either working or heading to the mainland to do their shopping. So I won't be contributing to the madness.

Well, other than the madness I'll be creating during the football game, of course.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Y'all might hate me for this.....

Yes, I requested Black Friday off.
                              ...snip...
                              So, why DID I take the day off?

Football.
                              let's get him.

Look I'll hold him, someone shave his right eyebrow.

We need someone to put the rotting salmon in his back pocket while someone else hides his left shoe.

Who's got the shaving cream and mascara?
                              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                                let's get him...
                                Don't forget the Cardinal Red & Navy Blue permanent markers.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X