Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some people assume that ANY problem MUST be dealt with by the highest available manager, even if it's something that the manager would probably foist off on any number of underlings. They've been fooled by decades of TV into thinking that this is solely the manager's job, and the sole job of the manager, if you get my meaning.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
      1. If she wants to avoid long-distance charges, why not leave a name and number for a callback?

2. Who pays for long-distance these days? So many plans are flat-rate whole-nation-coverage.
      1. You expect an SC to be rational?

2. If an SC admitted they had free long distance calling it would be one less thing for them to complain about.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I had a customer call me from another store (why she called me, I'll never know). She had purchased something on her debit card and was returning it. She wanted cash back. We don't do that anymore. You pay with a debit card, it gets credited back to your debit card within 72 hours.

Supposedly, another location hadn't been trained on the new procedure and had given her cash back the previous weekend. She didn't understand why the store location she was at wouldn't give her cash. I explain the policy, apologize for the store that didn't follow policy (that was also apparently too far to drive that day and get her cash), and she asks for the phone number to corporate.

I cheerfully, gleefully tell her that yes, I will give her corporate's number. Of course, she just continues to grumble and gripe. She thought I'd cave and give in when she said the magic words, but nope! Eventually she did call them and they backed me up. Yay!

Comment

Caught sight of an email that was left out in the office. Seems a lady ordered something on our website that was not carried in our store. She was complaining that she had to pay for shipping for this item that was not carried by our store and why couldn't it be just shipped to the store. There was a note on it to call the customer. I just didn't see what our management staff could do for this. It was totally on the website, yet I get the feeling that just because this woman lived in our area we'd get dinged for this "complaint".
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Trixie, I'm guessing she wants the store management to accept the delivery of the item and then (1) call her when it gets there or (2) personally hand-deliver it to her house.

All that to avoid the shipping charges. Well, I guess she doesn't want/need it THAT badly.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Trixie, I'm guessing she wants the store management to accept the delivery of the item and then (1) call her when it gets there
              Some chains are set up to add individual orders like that to their usual restock shipments and then make contact (via email or phone) once it's there. Trixie's employer apparently does not.

Comment

Working...
              X