X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny morsels of suckatude.

Say What?

Helped a guy find something... Almost perfect until the end.

"Hi, can you tell me where is the product?"
    "Sure it's over here."
    "Thanks!"
    "No problem!"

Cool, yes? Except he followed up my no problem, with:

"I should think so!"

THANK YOU FOR RUINING A PERFECTLY DECENT INTERACTION.

Setting up her own display

Oh, you'd like to lay out all your fabrics over other fabric? And you turn down my offer of a shopping cart because you are still looking? Nice. I know it's not too busy now, but you are laying out you stuff over the fleece which is 60% off, and we can barely keep stocked. There is a reason I'm bugging you to put your stuff in a cart, I would much rather not speak to you.

Grumpy lady is grumpy.

I was doing customer service, meaning walking the floor asking if people needed help. It was very busy, but there were 5 employees at the cutting counter. There is still a lot of people waiting. I walk by and make eye contact with a tiny elderly lady. She sees me scrunches her face up like a prune, and throws her fabric down in a bin and walks off muttering. Um... Wha? It's funny, if there is no one on the floor to answer questions people freak out. "Isn't there anyone who can HELP ME?!?!" Yet, if I'm spotted not at a counter that is equally unacceptable.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

on Grumpy Smurf: Well, of course. You're not helping her.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Say What?

Helped a guy find something... Almost perfect until the end.

"Hi, can you tell me where is the product?"
      "Sure it's over here."
      "Thanks!"
      "No problem!"

Cool, yes? Except he followed up my no problem, with:

"I should think so!"

THANK YOU FOR RUINING A PERFECTLY DECENT
      Maybe he was one of those people who gets a bee in their bonnet about people saying "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" in response to their thank you. I met a couple of them while working in a bar and even got a lecture about it from one guy!

Comment

Quoth tSubh Dearg View Post
        Maybe he was one of those people who gets a bee in their bonnet about people saying "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" in response to their thank you. I met a couple of them while working in a bar and even got a lecture about it from one guy!
        I had no idea this was a thing! I've been saying "no problem" along with "you're welcome" for years with no issues. And it was just on the tip of his tongue, like he was waiting to say it.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

As for the fabric display lady, it'd serve her right if someone else liked the fabric more and snapped it all up.

Comment

I confess, I'm one of those who it drives me NUTS when I hear it. But I'm not rude about it. Unless you're my kid, then I'm gonna tell you to say you're welcome lol

Comment

Working...
            X