X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I demand a supervisor!" Thread

Just remembered one of my favorite "I demand a supervisor!" calls
    Non customer was enraged that we didn't service his address after receiving an ad in the mail.
    When I explained to him that we send those out to everyone in a zip code and that unfortunately he was several miles from the nearest lines, he just LOST his shit, started screaming for a supervisor or he'll sue the company for false advertising and harassment (you keep on using these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean).
    When I asked him what he felt a supervisor could do, he told me, I shit you not, that the supervisor was going to authorize the construction needed to give him, and him alone in the area, our services.
    Let that sink in, kids. This self entitled asshole actually thought that a local management supervisor could authorize TENS of thousands of dollars in construction, thousands of dollars in permits and months of work.
    All so he and no one else could get cable.
    Needless to say he didn't get the supervisor and finally hung up on me in disgust when he found out that I wouldn't be bullied.
    To be honest it was hard not to laugh in his face when he started the usual round of "I'm a lawyer! I'll get my lawyer! I watched Law and Order!" routine

Those fliers, not just for cable, but for everything, clearly list that the services they're advertising are subject to availability, or not available everywhere. Dude needs to suck it up and not be a stupid whiny petulant child who thinks shouting and screaming will get him what he wants. And wtf with the entitlement and self-importance!

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
      "I'm a lawyer! I'll get my lawyer! I watched Law and Order!"
      Oh? You are? In that case, ten or twenty grand to get all of that construction done won't be a problem, then! When shall we schedule them for?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We had something similar, but not exactly.

An existing neighborhood had a new street with two cul-de-sac's added on to it. But for some reason the local Cable TV franchise never got any request for service, thus no cable was installed when the neighborhood was built.

However, the Cable Company's contract with the County _requires_ them to provide service (huge, well-populated county with no real "out in the sticks" areas) to anyone who requests it.

So they had to put in about 2,000-2,200 feet of cable for one customer. But the cable went in front of other houses and can provide them service if/when they want it.

Still haven't done the other two-thirds of the neighborhood yet though...

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
          To be honest it was hard not to laugh in his face when he started the usual round of "I'm a lawyer! I'll get my lawyer! I watched Law and Order!" routine
          I saw an episode of Matlock in a bar last night. The sound was down, but I think I got the gist of it.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            I saw an episode of Matlock in a bar last night. The sound was down, but I think I got the gist of it.
            I stayed at a holiday inn express last night.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post

Care to join me in a celebratory belt of scotch?

Comment

Sounds like the customer I once took a call from at the pizza place. This guy demanded that we deliver to him, despite the fact that he was living outside our radius. When I explained this to him, he went ballistic and started screaming for my manager. I put the boss on; he said the exact same thing to the SC, who once again began to scream, so my boss hung up. What a loony; just cuz you talk to the boss, it does not take away the fact that you live outside our radius.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

When I was an intern, a demented elderly woman who was in the hospital for a good reason (pneumonia, IIRC) didn't want to be there and kept screaming "SUPERVISOR!!" all night long. About once every 30 seconds. All. Night. Long.
                  She wasn't on our service, we couldn't help her and her doctor just told the nurses to "deal with it". It got really old.
                  Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                  TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

At my last job, when some SC wanted shit their way and I wasn't giving in, would yell for a manager I would say ok and walk to the back. I would then count to 30, walk back up, smile, offer my hand and say "Hi, I'm Register Rodeo the manager, what seems to be the problem" It was lovely feeling the wind wooshing out of their sails blowing my hair back.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      I swiped Matlock's pills.

"Take one every hour to prevent spastic heart convulsions...."
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X