Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waited until almost the last possible moment to pull this SC classic....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waited until almost the last possible moment to pull this SC classic....

Well, we almost made it through the year with nobody trying to drive their car OFF one of the tow trucks.

Almost......

As I'm sure you know, "almost" only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades.

Our intrepid scofflaw had decided to park in a lot he had no permit for, and turned on his "come and get me" lights.

So we obliged.

Cue scofflaw running out of the apartment and patiently explaining, as if we were all 2 year olds working the tow truck with one hand and clutching our favorite teddy bear in the other, that he was "only there for half an hour" and "had no where else to park" and was "just helping his girlfriend move" and the ridiculousness of what we were doing to him should be self evident.

Cue us patiently explaining that none of that fixes the fact he has no permit to be here, flashers mean nothing, and if his dear GF lives here, why didn't SHE inform him of this? Go ahead, ask her, she's standing RIGHT THERE with you. Anyway, you're not going anywhere tonight until we get our $75 drop.

Well this was apparently a challenge to his manhood! So he did the one thing any red-blooded male would do in this situation:

He told his Girl to get in the car (well, truck) and drive it off the tow truck, since "it's not that far off the ground, you can make that" .

Yeah, HE'S not going to risk HIS life and limb! That's for his fair maiden to do!

We try to impress upon her that this is a Very Bad Idea (tm) but darn, she's quick, and gets inside the truck before we even had a chance to try and pick it up higher than it was (about 6 inches) and start the engine. We hit the hydraulics and stand it nearly up on the front bumper. (Well, only maybe a 30 or 40 degree angle, but, it certainly SEEMS like it's on the front bumper to anyone inside) We figured that was a deterrent enough, it wasn't, she starts goosing the throttle, trying to rock it off the wheel hooks.

Boyfriend by now has realized that his tuck falling three feet isn't going to do his suspension any favors and is frantically trying to wave her off, but she can neither see nor hear him, hanging in the air with the windows rolled up and engine revving.

Undaunted by the fact the sky is no longer visible outside her windshield, only pavement, she keeps going until the tires roll out of the hooks, and it falls, and snags itself on the same hooks by it's undercarriage at an awkward angle. The wheels are now spinning impotently in the air.

Ever see what a cat looks like when someone picks it up by one of it's hind legs?

YEah, it kinda looked like that.

Boyfriend looks flummoxed, he didn't expect that to happen, he ponders the situation.

"I guess I'll pay" he says.

We tell him that all depends on if the cops decide that's still an option at this point. Since while he was dilly-dallying, we were DIALING, 911 that is...

This really takes the wind out of his sails, his brilliant plan to stick it to Da Man (tm) has resulting in Da Man possibly coming to stick him in the backseat of a cop car.

He's looking for SOME silver lining now.... he thinks he's found it.

"Uh, but, if anything, like, got damaged when it fell off, you guys are still responsible for that, right?"

"Heh, no, that's all on you"

Now it's slowly starting to dawn on him that maybe, just maybe, he's made a mistake....

Fortunately, the cops were in a forgiving mood, and did give him the option to pay the $75 and have us put the truck down the rest of the way, gently of course. And did mention to him that next time, perhaps, maybe, he should just pay to start with, and save them the paperwork.

My advice? Uh, strongly, STRONGLY consider they know a bit more about the proper way to act when you get towed, we expect much better decorum from the public than throwing your girlfriend under the bus, er, truck like that.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Looks like John "Red" Necque picked himself a winner of a girlfriend there. She jumped in the car and kept trying to rev it off the truck even when she could see she was hanging off the hook and staring at pavement...
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      He told his Girl to get in the car (well, truck) and drive it off the tow truck,
      "How about you drive your truck off a cliff?!" Jeez, what a jerk. And his girlfriend was an idiot for listening to him.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Actually, if I was the girlfriend here, I might have done the same thing. Getting to damage the jackass's precious car AND getting away with it? That's some pretty sweet revenge, when you think about it.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

This is why you pay attention in physics class kids.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I was inspired to make this to go with your story

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

"Uh, but, if anything, like, got damaged when it fell off, you guys are still responsible for that, right?"

"Heh, no, that's all on you"
              That should be obvious, considering it was HIS (and his girlfriend's) action that would have resulted in any damage. This includes any environmental fines (land the gas tank on the wheel hooks and rupture it, spilling fuel) and damage to the tow truck (spilled gas ignites, and both vehicles burn).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Which state is it where if you claim you don't have enough money for the drop fee they have to waive it? I saw that on TV once.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                  Which state is it where if you claim you don't have enough money for the drop fee they have to waive it? I saw that on TV once.
                  The State of Denial.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                    We do that, we waive the drop and charge $130 for a full tow

And it was extra-dumb on the GF's part because any damage that does occur is on HER since she was in control of the vehicle at the time. If she'd managed to do something REALLY bad, he'd be on the hook for a wrecked truck, and she'd be on the hook for causing the damage.... lose-lose
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

We do that, we waive the drop and charge $130 for a full tow

And it was extra-dumb on the GF's part because any damage that does occur is on HER since she was in control of the vehicle at the time. If she'd managed to do something REALLY bad, he'd be on the hook for a wrecked truck, and she'd be on the hook for causing the damage.... lose-lose
                      Unless they were in North Carolina, which has contributory negligence. Since HE told her to do it, the whole hook would belong to him.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I really would love to see the look on the insurance adjuster's face when they read the damage report. "Do we _really_ have to pay off on this?"

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                          Actually, if I was the girlfriend here, I might have done the same thing. Getting to damage the jackass's precious car AND getting away with it? That's some pretty sweet revenge, when you think about it.
                          How about the 'getting injured' part? Physics declares that a distinct possibility.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Oh my God, people actually hop into the vehicle and try to drive it off?

You could say that I live under a cheese covered rock, I suppose.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

$75 for a drop fee now?
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X