Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaser Trailer for Conan the Barbarian (2011)!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaser Trailer for Conan the Barbarian (2011)!

Been waiting for this for quite awhile...

CLICK HERE to see the first teaser trailer for this summer's Conan the Barbarian, starring Jason Momoa (Stargate Atlantis) as Robert E. Howard's most famous creation.

I'm disappointed with the style they've done the trailer in, because you can barely tell what you're looking at. But the fact that the very first line of dialogue we're hearing from the movie is a very famous line penned by Robert E. Howard himself is a good sign, In My Opinion.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

We (the Husband and I) will see it. But we're not going to like it.

I'm glad they're basing it on some of the stories and not remaking the old movie. But personally I can't stand Jason Momoa. And the old movie is Husband's favorite movie EVER in the history of the world, so I think he is determined to hate it just because Mako's not in it and there probably won't be any camel punching.

So, yeah, we'll see it, and it might be really good, but we both have some baggage we may not be able to get past.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      We (the Husband and I) will see it. But we're not going to like it.

I'm glad they're basing it on some of the stories and not remaking the old movie. But personally I can't stand Jason Momoa. And the old movie is Husband's favorite movie EVER in the history of the world, so I think he is determined to hate it just because Mako's not in it and there probably won't be any camel punching.

So, yeah, we'll see it, and it might be really good, but we both have some baggage we may not be able to get past.
      Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this...

While I AM a fan of the movies from the '80s, and own both of them on DVD, what REALLY made me a fan of Conan was Dark Horse's revival of the comics. When Dark Horse launched their current line of comics, based solely on Robert E. Howard's stories, I was hooked from the first preview issue. And then when they started reprinting Marvel's old Conan the Barbarian issues in trade paperbacks, I started buying and enjoying those, too. It's really the comics that have made me fall in love with Conan the Cimmerian and his world. I think that Jason Momoa makes an excellent Conan early in his career, and I'm looking forward to the movie. Like most people, I can only hope it's good.

But what I really want to know is... whatever happened to Conan: Red Nails?!?
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

Haha wait, I know that voice. Conan is Ronan Dex from Stargate Atlantis? <3

Comment

Extra trivia: In the original Conan and Red Sonja movies, it was Conan's star (Arnold Schwarzenegger) who co-starred in Red Sonja.

This time around, Rose McGowan, the scheduled lead for Red Sonja, is also in the new Conan.
          Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
          Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

I love that it says "Join the Barbarian army on Facebook."

Those barbarians have gotten more sophisticted. No more running around in loincloths killing things, now they are updating their social networking sites in loincloths.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Haha wait, I know that voice. Conan is Ronan Dex from Stargate Atlantis? <3
              Bingo! On the money.

I like Mamoa just fine . . . I liked him in SG Atlantis. I'll see it and judge it on its own merits.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

That dude is smokin' hot.

I"m not going to bother with this movie, but he's still hot.

I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  I love that it says "Join the Barbarian army on Facebook."

Those barbarians have gotten more sophisticted. No more running around in loincloths killing things, now they are updating their social networking sites in loincloths.
                  Best Comedic Observation EVER!

But yeah, this movie is on my must see list. My summer movie line up is all children's films and action adventure. Hence why "How to Train Your Dragon" is my favorite movie of all time. But yeah, this is on my Must see list!
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    That dude is smokin' hot.

I"m not going to bother with this movie, but he's still hot.

I'm just sayin'.
                    Heh. No kiddin'. I had a pic of him up for my computer wallpaper a while ago, didn't even know what his name was. Yum.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X