This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth catcul View Post
    How dumb is it to commit a crime using a company vehicle? I would say extremely dumb.
    Either extremely dumb or well-planned. For a BIG heist, steal some random company's van and immediately (i.e. before the APB goes out) use it for your planned crime, then ditch it. Witnesses will immediately focus on the obvious (i.e. company name on the side), possibly ignoring subtle details which would aid in identifying the real crooks.

Quoth XCashier View Post
    What's really ridiculous is that hammers have been around for millenia, are quite common and not terribly expensive. Rather than misuse something else as a hammer, why not just use an actual hammer?!
    In the case of the movie cliche, I'd say it's because an old-west sheriff would always be carrying his revolver, but wouldn't always be carrying a hammer.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
      In the case of the movie cliche, I'd say it's because an old-west sheriff would always be carrying his revolver, but wouldn't always be carrying a hammer.
      Perhaps, but he wouldn't always be carrying nails, either. Since it makes sense to store your hammer and nails in the same spot, and if you need to nail something up, you'd grab the hammer as well as the nails.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Somehow, I think it might've worked out better if this guy had troubled one of Argabarga's brethren, instead of locking up her car and getting that result.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• True, but then she probably wouldn't have been arrested...

Comment

• I... I......... I have no words for this one. Except: Do not piss off the minimum-wage person on the other end of the line.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
              I... I......... I have no words for this one. Except: Do not piss off the minimum-wage person on the other end of the line.
              I can't believe that he acknowledged that he deserved to be told to f**k off!
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Just, wow. At least the charges were dropped.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

• Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                  Just, wow. At least the charges were dropped.
                  Had I been the clerk telling the story, I would've strongly considered suing the asshat.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                    Had I been the clerk telling the story, I would've strongly considered suing the asshat.
                    Same here. What happened was just plain wrong. I hope the cop received punishment as well.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• This is exactly how my store works....

http://notalwaysworking.com/when-is-...t-a-sale/41338
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• The cops should have been shown the video. Then lying cop should have been immediately fired as well as being charged with filing a false report.

Corporate should be ashamed of themselves, but you know they're not...

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Same here. What happened was just plain wrong. I hope the cop received punishment as well.
                          I would have sued the cop AND the company, regardless of being in an at-will state. That is just absolute bullshit all the way around. Cops that act like they're all high and mighty piss me off -_-

Comment

• She cried after getting he way.

So she complained about having to sit next to a man that was not a close relative, and the stewardess moved him to another seat. Then she was upset and had to cry about it? She got what she wanted. There is no understanding these people.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              She cried after getting he way.

So she complained about having to sit next to a man that was not a close relative, and the stewardess moved him to another seat. Then she was upset and had to cry about it? She got what she wanted. There is no understanding these people.
                              Maybe she would have been happier if she'd been given a parachute and shown to the exit door? I think what she was whinging about was that the man got the upgrade and not her. But having to listen to her whining, he deserved it more!
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                                I think what she was whinging about was that the man got the upgrade and not her. But having to listen to her whining, he deserved it more!
                                My thoughts exactly. "I'm the one with the abnormal requirement, why not put meeeeeeeeeee in first class! How unfaaaaaaaaaaiiirrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X