X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery shopper angry after seeing dead body

From the CBC:

Atlantic Superstore staff in Charlottetown followed appropriate protocols after a customer died Friday night in the grocery store on University Avenue, the store's parent company says.

The company was responding after an Island woman complained to Atlantic Superstore about seeing the body of a customer in the produce section Friday night.

Susana Rutherford was shopping at the store with her husband and 11-year-old daughter. She said she was shocked to round the corner and see a body covered with a sheet. A paramedic was standing by.

And can you imagine the bitch session she would have put up if she had been turned away at the door?! There is just no pleasing people today. I don't know about any of you guys, but I know we don't have a policy in place on what to do if a customer drops dead. Also, wasn't the ambulance outside with its flashing lights a big enough sign that something was wrong?

Comment

Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
      And can you imagine the bitch session she would have put up if she had been turned away at the door?! There is just no pleasing people today. I don't know about any of you guys, but I know we don't have a policy in place on what to do if a customer drops dead. Also, wasn't the ambulance outside with its flashing lights a big enough sign that something was wrong?
      Man, people will try to force their way into a burning store to shop! As you said, can't please 'em.

Comment

I've said it before, might as well say it again.

Humanity: I'm very disappointed in it.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Trjgul View Post
          Man, people will try to force their way into a burning store to shop! As you said, can't please 'em.
          I know you're not joking, I've seen it before.

Not burning a lot but there was a fire (before the store opened) and the fire department was still there working on it when it was opening time.

If the customer has an issue with how it was handled then she should take it up with the paramedics since they were there on the scene.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            I know you're not joking, I've seen it before.

Not burning a lot but there was a fire (before the store opened) and the fire department was still there working on it when it was opening time.

If the customer has an issue with how it was handled then she should take it up with the paramedics since they were there on the scene.
            SAMs in Toronto on Boxing day one year. The firefighters were concerned they would have to turn the hoses on the crowd to keep them away from the obviously burning building. Nearby stores out of the immediate evac zone but their front doors were blocked were ushering customers into the back doors, despite the fact that if the fire spread there would have been several casualties.

All true, I swear it.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That's just sad; like the people that step-over someone on the floor having a medical attack while store employees work on them, just to get their damned baby phat shirts or soup on sale. Or trample each-other for a deal. I'd be more worried about how upset the woman's family will be when they are informed.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

As far as I'm concerned the customer can rot in hell. I don't care about how she or her child feels, I feel so bad for the poor person that died. I think that she missed a good chance to teach her child a lesson about human compassion. Don't feel bad for the poor person, feel bad for yourself. WAAAHHHHH I saw a dead body

Comment

Technically, she saw a white sheet covering a body...not the body itself. Now, if she had discovered the body on the floor before anyone got to the person to cover them...That would be shocking. This? I have no compassion for the woman who complained...at all.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                    Technically, she saw a white sheet covering a body...not the body itself. Now, if she had discovered the body on the floor before anyone got to the person to cover them...That would be shocking. This? I have no compassion for the woman who complained...at all.
                    Good point. I saw a body a few weeks ago, a guy who was hit by a car on my route to work. By the time I passed he was covered with a sheet, but one foot was visible. Seeing that upset me more than if he had been completely covered, somehow, but I'm not calling the police station to complain that the cops allowed the wind to blow the corner of the sheet loose (which is probably what happened). But half the comments on the article I saw about it were complaining that any part of him was visible and that there was blood on the sheet (which I didn't see, so if there was it wasn't much). Not a lot of sympathy for this poor guy who died just trying to get to work, or his wife and kids who now have to deal with that.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Not a lot of sympathy for this poor guy who died just trying to get to work, or his wife and kids who now have to deal with that.
                      Well of course not!

He had the unmitigated gall to get himself hit and killed along their route of travel, possibly making them late for work, or whatever their destination!

Mike
                      Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                        Well of course not!

He had the unmitigated gall to get himself hit and killed along their route of travel, possibly making them late for work, or whatever their destination!

Mike
                        The sad part is he actually was the one that did something stupid. Got off the bus, walked down the highway a little ways (across from the store where he worked), and crossed there, instead of waiting for the light at the crosswalk. It was just before 6 in the morning, still dark out. Don't know if he was trying to avoid the snow on the shoulder or just being impatient.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X