Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and here i hoped i'd get through the weekend unscathed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and here i hoped i'd get through the weekend unscathed.

just minor BS this time...

TWO different people apparently thinking the office is the '24 hour quick E mart' or something.... one outrightly asked me if we were open all the time uhh no, we close at 10pm on weekends.

the other came up shortly before we closed the doors and made disappointed/irritated noises that we closed "at 10"... and the way he said it implied he expected us to be open later than 10.

srsly people, we're a campground! you're LUCKY we don't close at 6 like some of them! you want 24 hour availability... hit the walmart in town 3 miles away!

on the bright side, i only had one after hours door yanker. dude seemed just a little toasted, i went and found out what he wanted, and all he needed was a bottle of lighter fluid so he could start his camp fire (it's been raining here, so damp wood not wanting to catch) and he was desperate. i'd told him i already counted the drawers (even though i technically had one left), and he was like "please, i'll give you cash, i don't even need change!" i took pity and grabbed a bottle off the shelf it had a tag on it $4.99. he handed me a $5. there's tax in WI. i gave him a little smirk like 'come on dude, really?" but just wanted him out of my hair ASAP (had a big mess to clean up in addition to counting down the last drawer) so i took it and bid him a good night... then rang up the lighter fluid with my employee discount and threw the change into the penny jar

Quoth katzklaw View Post
    I took pity and grabbed a bottle off the shelf
    That made my morning.

I hope he remembers what you did for him.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

But we're expected to stay at work and not go home because customers might need us! How dare we have lives outside of work! How very DARE we. *sarcasm*

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
        That made my morning.

I hope he remembers what you did for him.
        i'm usually pretty nice about it...i always go and find out what someone needs when they pull/knock on the door, and i try to help if i can. for example, a bag of ice is exactly 2 dollars, so i've let them take a bag, take their $2, and leave it with a note for the morning person. but there's a limit on how long i can stay open, and a limit on how long i want to stay open... especially after a very long day

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          But we're expected to stay at work and not go home because customers might need us! How dare we have lives outside of work! How very DARE we. *sarcasm*
          Reminds me of the idiot who suggested that we stay open later than six pm on Christmas Eve "in case I need milk". Um, NO. Come and get it earlier or do without!
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

lighter fluid guy showed up the next evening at 6 minutes to 10 to buy some sunburn cream.

at least he showed up BEFORE closing this time XD

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
              lighter fluid guy showed up the next evening
              Did he offer to make good the tax he didn't have in the op? (Or did you tell him how you covered it?) Me, someone does that kind of thing, I show up the next day with the change.

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                lighter fluid guy showed up the next evening at 6 minutes to 10 to buy some sunburn cream.
                The juxtaposition of these two items is somewhat ominous...

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Reminds me of the idiot who suggested that we stay open later than six pm on Christmas Eve "in case I need milk". Um, NO. Come and get it earlier or do without!
                  That was something I'd get tickled over every year that I would work until close on Christmas Eve.

I could stand outside waiting for my ride and lose count of how many drove up and asked if we were still open, then get upset b/c it was after 6 (closing time) and we wouldn't let them back in for "just one thing."

Uh, no. Christmas is the same day on the calendar EVERY year, folks. You've had 364 days notice - SCRAM!
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X