Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rude posh lady with nothing better to do! (long, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude posh lady with nothing better to do! (long, language)

When you read about the below customer, just imagine her as Dolores Umbridge. UGH.

She came swanning in with her friend/sister/whoever. The other woman wasn't a problem. But HER... jeez. She was snobby, but I can deal with that. Some people just are. Doesn't make them sucky at all. Well, while she was going through the rails, I managed to catch a few snippets of her conversation.

"They sell polo shirts here. Disgusting."

"I HATE beige. They sell too much of it."

"This isn't a medium, it's way too big. They need to sort their sizes out."

"Primark is SO much better."

"They need to sweep the floor round here."

"This style is so ugly."

"These t-shirts are too expensive."

"The clothes in Primark are better quality."

She said it so loudly and with a mouth that looked like it was sucking lemons, and with her nose up in the air. Her friend just feebly agreed. And WTF with the Primark comments? Most stuff I buy from Primark falls to pieces in one wash!

But it gets better!

She ended up browsing the sale rail which was right next to me. Everything on there is £7 now, and I priced each one manually, but I guess I must have missed one. Anyway, she picked up the ONE garment that I forgot to price down. She picked it up and literally flung it on the till.

Her: WHY is this t-shirt not priced at £7?! This is VERY misleading!

Me: Sorry, I must have missed that one. I'll still reduce it for you though.

Her: It's SO misleading!

Me: Do you still want it?

Her: Well, yes.

So I scanned it, put her t-shirt in a bag and asked her if she'd like the coat-hanger.

Her: ...

Me: Do you want the coat hanger?

Her: ...

So I put the coat-hanger behind the till.

Her: Excuse me, I WANT that!

So I put the coat-hanger in the bag for her.

When it came to pay, she flung a £20 note at me, so I scooped it up off the desk and begrudgingly put the sale through. She never uttered a single word after that. Because of COURSE she never said thank you -___-

Her friend wasn't at the till with her. She was browsing the clothes at the far end of the shop. Probably to get away from HER.

About two hours later, the supervisor from the home decor part of the shop came over. I told her about HER.

Sup: Was she wearing a blue blouse? Small? Very posh?

Yes. She was describing the vile woman. Apparently, after being vile at OUR end, she went round their and started being vile to them over there! There's a sale over there too and she was going round saying that the sale signs were misleading, amongst other things.

I mean, REALLY lady? You must lead a sad, pathetic life if all you do is go round shops, talk shit about the shops in earshot of their staff, and then treat the staff like shit on the bottom of your shoe.

YOU ARE PATHETIC AND MAKE DOLORES UMBRIDGE LOOK LIKE A FUCKING SAINT.

If she's so posh why is she complaining about the prices?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If Primark is *so* much better, maybe she should go there instead? Oh humans, they do make me laugh.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Primark is really poor quality - what's she on?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Also: If she's so posh, why is she comparing where I work to Primark? Personally, I think she's full of shit. She might just be one of those Hyacinth Bucket types; thinks she's posh when her family are anything but lol.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          If Primark is *so* much better, maybe she should go there instead? Oh humans, they do make me laugh.
          She probably goes to Primark and says the same think there. "TK Maxx is SOOO much better!"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I've heard somewhere that's how people with money still have it - they'll shop at thrift stores and consignment shops instead of going where they can find some decent stuff at good prices.

And brag to everyone about how little they spent. Like it impresses people. All it tells me is that they're cheap, not to mention rather boring people if that's all they've got to talk about.

Which is like stupidity - those who are don't realize it.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

People do that where I work, too... "Oh the petrol is sooooo much cheaper at Blue Stripy!" I think that they think that if we overhear them, we'll go, "Oh jeez, really? We'll just lower our prices now!"
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                Yes. She was describing the vile woman. Apparently, after being vile at OUR end, she went round their and started being vile to them over there! There's a sale over there too and she was going round saying that the sale signs were misleading, amongst other things.
                Must be nice having nothing better to do.....
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  People do that where I work, too... "Oh the petrol is sooooo much cheaper at Blue Stripy!" I think that they think that if we overhear them, we'll go, "Oh jeez, really? We'll just lower our prices now!"
                  People used to do that at my old job too. Even if I cared, which I didn't, it's not like I could do anything about it.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                  X