This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    ... you spent that time looking for their customer ...
    Steal Borrow a shit clock from the biscuit crawl game?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Gone On Arrival"

A token payout if the call cancels while you're en route, or, you get to where they say the customer will be, but, for a number of reasons (Got it going themselves, gave wrong address, PD came by and had it removed by another company) they aren't.
      Big Green Cab Co calls that "No contact with pax". We get paid nothing for those, which amounts to a net loss for the driver. (Time spent in transit, gas wasted, etc.)
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        Big Green Cab Co calls that "No contact with pax". We get paid nothing for those, which amounts to a net loss for the driver. (Time spent in transit, gas wasted, etc.)
        Sounds vaguely familiar and I do pizza delivery. IE prank orders, fell asleep orders, past our drunk in their hotel room orders, competing food orders, big bill orders, wrong address orders, no one home orders, wrong phone number and no one home orders, oooopppssssss went to the grocery store/video store, babysitters/neighbor's house/ in back yard and did not hear the doorbell/cop knocking orders, etc.

I get some gas money but loose time (tipped wage way lower than minimum) and the possibility of a tip.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          I get some gas money but loose time (tipped wage way lower than minimum) and the possibility of a tip.
          I feel for you. Unfortunately, I don't get a wage of any kind.[*] My income comes entirely from what passengers pay me, and whatever the vouchers are worth. From that stack of money, I have to pay the lease on the cab, gas, wash, and fees, and only get paid whatever's left after that. (Normally decent enough to live on but not get rich.)

(But to be honest, I expect that I have an easier time of things than most kinds of delivery driver.)

[*] Not entirely accurate; I get $10/hour if the van breaks down, starting from when I phone it in until either it's fixed or I'm in a replacement.
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

We constantly lose money to these things. Sorry I didn't answer sooner about GOA's. Been in the business so long that it's hard to remember that I didn't at one time know about these things too

We used to have many motor clubs and now are down to just 3 because of these practices.

Comment

For those of you who had "one month" as the over-under bet, and took "under" you may now collect your fabulous* prize.

They called last night and tried to give us a tire change..... 40 miles away.

And I KNOW they had to eat a loss on that one eventually, because the only reason they called us is the only other provider they have in that particular area is A-1 Towing (or rather WAS, until the State Police raided them for selling meth out a side-door.) so I know THEY didn't/couldn't take it either.

*prize is not fabulous.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

So that area mix a no fly zone for them, huh? Looks like this may be the beginning of the end for them
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Were they told to get stuffed?
                  I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Oh, man! I was hoping for a more detailed recount. *goes off and pouts in a corner*
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I'm sure their customer is THRILLED with the level of service he received...or to be more precise didn't receive. I wonder what he's going to demand in the way of compensation, and in this case he totally deserves it!

I hope your boss told sucky motor club: "HEY, WE DON'T WORK FOR YOUR CHEAP NON-PAYING ASSES ANYMORE! STOP CALLING US AND GO DIE IN A FIRE!" <cue slamming of phone>

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        I'm sure their customer is THRILLED with the level of service he received...or to be more precise didn't receive. I wonder what he's going to demand in the way of compensation, and in this case he totally deserves it!

I hope your boss told sucky motor club: "HEY, WE DON'T WORK FOR YOUR CHEAP NON-PAYING ASSES ANYMORE! STOP CALLING US AND GO DIE IN A FIRE!" <cue slamming of phone>
                        We were much more diplomatic about it on the phone, but, if the guy on the motorclub end could detect the overly-cheerful inflection in our voice, then he probably got the unsaid "F*CK YOU" loud and clear.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

We were much more diplomatic about it on the phone, but, if the guy on the motorclub end could detect the overly-cheerful inflection in our voice, then he probably got the unsaid "F*CK YOU" loud and clear.
                          Man, I wish I could have heard that.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                          X