This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 nights, 1 jerk

It's my second night back in the hospitality industry, winding down as I type this. I am employed at an Elongated Hexagon Inn, part of a chain of hotels of varying stages of glamor that are all part of the apparatus which funnels money to a certain horse-faced heiress. As such, this chain has a truly obnoxious loyalty program whose members get their asses kissed at all available opportunities, know it, and love it.

My second night on the job and I got one such member. Bastard. I was on computer training in the office, lulled into a semi-hypnotic stupor when I heard banging on the front doors. The actual night person was in the bathroom and had told me to ignore the phones and such because for one, there was nothing I could do anyway and two, we're sold out. Thus, I was blandly clicking my way through an endless chain of lessons when I heard the banging.

Turns out the banger was one of our tippy top loyalty members and had been standing outside for seconds. Seconds! His key didn't work. Second night in a row this has happened, locking him out of the building.

I had no idea what to do. I can't even make keys yet and said the auditor would be back momentarily. This was the point that he hissed his loyalty member status, told me that we all suck, made note that this incident would make its way into his guest survey, and that this was the worst service he'd ever received. Then he threw his keys at me. Sadly, he did not go for the trifecta and say he'd have my job and that I had ruined Christmas, but I remain hopeful.

It's so good to be back, dealing with the public.

It's just until the internships starts. It's just until the internships starts... Can't be more than a year. I can survive anything for a year...
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I swear over half of SCs fit into the category of expecting error-free service every time and getting mad at someone who has no control over the issue.

Sorry you bore the brunt of this one. Best of luck with the new job!

Comment

title is a reminiscence of a very disappointing rendezvous weekend.
      “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
      ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
      X