Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why the repo driver didn't ask the cop to have her arrested for destruction of property that was no longer hers...

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Real smart/sarcasm
      Doesn't she realize that she's on the hook for the balance of the loan? As repo'ed vehicles are sold sub-wholesale, the sale will net less than normal and with damaged windows
      Well, I'm sure it didn't occur to her, but even if it did, I doubt it would matter much anyway. If she ain't makin the payments in the first place, she definitely ain't going to pony up any cash now that the vehicle is gone.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        I don't understand why the repo driver didn't ask the cop to have her arrested for destruction of property that was no longer hers...
        I hesitate to speculate. There are some colorful ones in the comments section of that video.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post

A. As they both have claim to the vehicle, It's a civil matter, not a criminal one.

B. It's not worth the time, the cost of replacing the window is just added to her total debt, which is just what the Judge is going to order anyway even if they were to spend the time and resources to drag it through court.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I wonder how old the customer is, and how much she knew about the loan, or even about loans in general. Some people actually believe that when a person dies, the debts die with them. She seems confused, frankly, as if the only thing that matters is the name on the registration.

One of the saddest things I ever saw on TV was a widow whose late husband never told her what their financial situation was. He took out loans against his life insurance to keep buying things the family wanted. He died before he got a raise, and then his widow discovered the life insurance policy was now worthless.

Comment

As far as the DMV is concerned, we don't care who makes the payments. I even asked my sister, "What if the widow just keeps making the payments until it is paid off?"

My sister said that although the bank might prefer the widow to update the info, the follow through would be lax (they would probably never get around to making her). Once the car is paid for, the bank (in my state) automatically mails out the release of lien to the address on record. Widow then has the title and a release of lien. She can transfer the car into her name or sell it.

What my sister thought was funny was that the widow keeps insisting that my sister doesn't know anything about car titles. Well, apart from the fact that I am a recently retired DMV manager, my sister also worked for the DMV herself for about 6 months, and so she knows. Granted it was about 5 years ago, but policies do not become more lax with time.
              To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
              To pursue it with forks and hope;
              To threaten its life with a railway share;
              To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
                ... but policies do not become more lax with time.
                Any day now I expect to have to *prove* that my grandfather's (1892-1982) first mare's left hindquarter was "Made in America".
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  That or she will interfere with the repo...like jumping on the car or tow vehicle.
                  Or jump into the about to be repoed car and try to run over the tow driver.

Seen this plenty of times on "South Beach Tow."
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Or jump into the about to be repoed car and try to run over the tow driver.

Seen this plenty of times on "South Beach Tow."
                    Ive always wondered if its hype just for the show ive been to Miami and never seen things like that going on even on the beach so hum I also don't try to find out lol my son see's the doctors down there so I am always down there

Comment

Working...
                    X