This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
    Yes, but how many of them - after causing this much delay and misery - end up NOT having a Club Card and thus were unable to be shopping there in the first place?
    At my store? None. If you didn't have a membership card, you couldn't even start a transaction. You had to have either a card or a one-day pass from the desk. And yes, that applied to the self-checkout kiosks too.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Yes, but how many of them - after causing this much delay and misery - end up NOT having a Club Card and thus were unable to be shopping there in the first place?
      I wonder if she just wasn't paying attention (not surprising) at the start of her little episode. I went to visit a local "club" store here and had to sign in (say what??) and was told that I could not buy so much as a pack of gum without a club card. I was a little startled by that but my main goal was just to look around and see if it was worth my while to get a club card (as a single person, I ultimately decided it was not).
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Certainly possible, Pixelated, but that in NO way excuses her sucky and self-centered behavior...

Comment

• The only club store I've been to (Costco) checks your card at the door. I'm not saying someone couldn't get through, I'm sure they do, but it's at least a first line of defense. You don't need a card to buy hotdogs and such. SCOs also got taken away from most of the stores I think. A shame, they were amazing. At least at the store I saw them in, people seemed afraid to use them, so there was never a line. I think you had to scan your membership card first wherever you checked out.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• https://notalwaysright.com/telling-label-fable/65211

This one really irks me. Employee saves store money by calling out a scammer. Is lauded by other customers and even thanked by manager was was for some insane reason was going to authorize the sale. Then gets written up for it.

At least manager gets called out for their bad decisions later on...

Comment

• Most of my favorite NAR stories are the "Getting Owned By The Owner" ones...
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Momzilla causes her own cake wreck.

A gem from the comments:
                Commenter A: What an entitled piece of work.

Commenter B: I've never heard it called that before. *Grabs newspaper* I gotta go take a work.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Showed up Sunday evening on the basis of being told on the phone earlier in the week that there was an opening? There was an opening WHEN SHE PHONED - could quite easily have been booked by another group between then and Sunday. Expecting to pay after the fact? My guess is that she'd have "partied and dashed".
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Vinegar Boy Jr?
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• This decision could've blown up in the SCs' faces.
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• On a scale of one to ten, though, how was my scream?

Fifteen. Never do that again.
                        That part just cracks me up entirely.

https://notalwaysright.com/avenging-...brother/88959/
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• *Customer hands cashier a $50 bill*
                          "It's okay, I just printed it this morning!"
                          “Yes, sir, it appears you did."
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Crazy Lady expects a retail worker to be available to help her every time she comes in, and goes to the retail worker's full-time office job to ask that she be fired so she can work retail full-time instead.

Comment

• And to make it even worse, her boss at her retail job told Crazy Lady where her other job is!

Comment

• Further proof of the secondary I.T. mantra--

Save early, safe often.

Comment

Working...
                                X