Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jersey and Missouri people-can you help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey and Missouri people-can you help?

My friend is soon to be leaving after her year's study in the States and she's just posted on Facebook she's collecting the state quarters and only needs Missouri and New Jersey for the set.
    Any help will be rewarded with a free vanishing of your SC's for a couple of days alright,just some brownie points and good karma....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Alas, all I have is Frozen North coins ... although for a vanishing of SCs I would happily drive across the border and see what I can scare up.

Hope she gets the full set.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      ... although for a vanishing of SCs ...
      Whoops, typo. Was meant to be 'a varnishing'...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just went through my bucket, and I've got duplicates of both. Does she have (or even know about) the coins for D.C., American Samoa, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or the bicentennial with the drummer on it? Got duplicates of those as well.

PM me with the address, along with which of the "extras" she's missing.

Surprisingly, I don't have Texas (thought I had at least one) - anyone have a duplicate?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Super,I'll get it from her! I'm amazed she hasn't got New Jersey,but has got Alaska and Hawaii considering she's in Maryland-not too far from them to travel surely.

You have some good karma *warning-this tends to be negated in the presence of Lupo,so keep her well away from the shoppers when using it*
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            Super,I'll get it from her! I'm amazed she hasn't got New Jersey,but has got Alaska and Hawaii considering she's in Maryland-not too far from them to travel surely.

You have some good karma *warning-this tends to be negated in the presence of Lupo,so keep her well away from the shoppers when using it*
            The state quarters were distributed nationally over a period of time - they weren't released exclusively in that state and then left to filter out to the rest of the country. So it's really kind of random which ones someone might have found just by examining the change they get from purchases, regardless of where that person is in the country.

Comment

And to add to the confusion, there are two of each. Each coin is marked as to where it was minted. So you have Philadelphia and Denver.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth paperfiend View Post
                The state quarters were distributed nationally over a period of time - they weren't released exclusively in that state and then left to filter out to the rest of the country.
                My understanding is that each was released over a 3 month period, in the order in which the state joined the U.S. The state quarters were released instead of regular quarters, to fill the need for new quarters in circulation.

"Special Series" quarters are popular with governments because it costs significantly less than 25 cents to make a quarter, and people will collect the series, taking the coins out of circulation. The government profits by the difference between the cost of manufacture and the face value.

Kit, I didn't track the mint marks, so these might be either Denver or Philadelphia. Be sure to let me know which of the other "specials" I mentioned that your friend doesn't have. What would be a good packing method? Cardboard "sandwich" (middle piece has holes cut out for quarters, outer pieces solid) in an envelope?

Anyone have a duplicate Texas they can send me?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

They can be purchased on eBay for cheap. So maybe you could purchase them for you friend as a going away present?

Comment

KG gets pounded, not quartered. (unless he commits high treason to to Queen)
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X