This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really shouldn't take this long...

It's been a while since I've had a story, but it paid off with quite a doozy!

Hubs ordered a new phone online since his went berserk (opening/closing apps randomly, turning itself on/off, calling and texting people, etc). It arrived yesterday, and he went to put his microSD card from the old phone (which has pictures and stuff on it) into the new phone. Well, the phone must have been defective, because the microSD card goes on a little track that also holds the SIM card, and the SIM card wasn't on there. Instead, it was jammed deep inside the electronics of the phone. So of course, time to call and get a replacement.

Using my phone, Hubs called customer service and got someone on the line quickly enough. However, after asking for his information, he was "put on hold"... AKA, he sat there while the customer service lady, who clearly forgot to mute the phone, giggled loudly with one of her coworkers. He actually put the phone on speaker so I could hear her goofing off. Hubs eventually got her attention and called her out on it, to which she actually LIED and said she wasn't goofing off.

The rest of the call went normally, and we were told to take the phone to a nearby Big Box Store, since that's the primary vendor of those phones. No say if they'd fix it or replace it, but we got the reference numbers and whatnot, then we headed to Big Box Store.

But the story doesn't end there.

We get there and go up to the desk for those phones. There is one person there (Phone Dude, or PD). He's not sure what he's supposed to do, so he called customer service. I'm not sure exactly what went down, since I got bored and wandered around the store a bit, but I know there was a lot of confusion as to what exactly was wrong with the phone ("So the SIM card's in the phone? Why is that a problem?" kind of stuff, from the sound of it), a lot of repeating basic information, Hubs using my phone to AGAIN call customer service to MAYBE make some headway, and angry pacing by both PD and Hubs.

All in all it took about an hour and a half, and for the first hour, there was nobody else available to come help customers at the desk, and PD had his hands full being on the phone. So there was a line building up, and at least one of those people seemed to be on the autistic spectrum and was clearly getting agitated. Let's just say, I was bored, hungry, and tired (finals week HOORAY /s), and I was still the cheeriest person there.

In the end, we ended up getting information to send it back and get a replacement, and PD did great considering the circumstances, so it all worked out in the end!
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

YOU'VE GOT A DEMON-POSSESSED PHONE!!

Seriously. I've been on a bit of a rampage watching "horror" movies lately (most of which have central characters who are trying really hard to get a Darwin Award -- and many of 'em do). One -- I kid you not -- was about some kind of app you could download to your cellphone that ultimately lets a demon loose to rampage and lay waste to everything and everyone around you (I think that was the gist of the story; can't say I was sitting there fixated on the screen).
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      ... some kind of app you could download ...
      Windows 95 on a Mac?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Seriously. I've been on a bit of a rampage watching "horror" movies lately (most of which have central characters who are trying really hard to get a Darwin Award -- and many of 'em do).
        For a movie like that I highly recommend Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X