Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun with grammar, spelling and.....stuff.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth huckster View Post
    Was looking to hire a part timer for my department and one of my bosses had a potential candidate. He had been talking with her for a while (she was a hottie) and suggested I go and talk with her about the position. He's going on and on about how nice she is (uh huh) and she works with computers.
    I cut him some slack and go talk to her. She was nice but works at Hooters. Don't know where computers came from. He was a perv.
    Back when I was a lowly computer tech, one of the departments I worked for was managed by a rather well built and moderately good looking guy who was about 30 years old. He was the only male in the department. He was also the only person under 23 working there. He was also the least comely of the staff.

He did all the hiring.

It was blatant discrimination, but damn I loved fixing the computers over there.

Comment

The "operations" managers at my local BBY likes to hire cute girls to man the registers.

One of my Geek buddies made the remark that he blatantly ignored any Geek that asked for help. But I never had any trouble getting help from the guy when I had a question. That's when I took a long look at the ladies manning customer service and the check-out lanes. None of those girls were over 25 and they all were very cute. And this guy was an open flirt, despite the fact that he was almost old enough to be their father.

So I gave my buddy my observations: The reason he didn't get any help from this guy was because he wasn't short, cute, and "jiggly." Quite the opposite. My buddy looks like Frankenstein.
      A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
        SC: Do you have Dumas? D-U-M-A-S.
        Me: ... (Type in "dumbass" into the computer). Nope, none of his books in stock!! want me to special order?
        SC: No thank you. *leaves*
        I would've typed in Yuri Dumas, whispering to myself "you're a dumbass". Then again that's just me and I amuse easily.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The Old SM from Chesterfield much preferred to hire men... no idea why... Oh, wait, yes I do know why. Most of the teenage girls we had work for us ended up stealing from us. Of course, most of the Assistant Managers he hired did, too, except for Kick-Ass AM, and two AMs prior to him.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Bwa ha ha.. I remember those filings through app's...

-When asked if this guy had any reasons regarding sex, age, or denomination for not being able to work (such as pregnancy soon, elderly folk not lifting, or things like the following of the Sabbath), he answered: I am a virgin, 23, and Catholic.

-One girl who (very detailed) wrote that her reason for leaving her previous job is suing the admins and staff for rape! Holy cow...

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
              [*]One guy admitted to pleading guilty to Unauthorised looseage of a Veihicular wheel-thingy
              Frighteningly enough, I think I figured this one out: he illegally removed a Denver boot, aka a wheel clamp, from his car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_clamp

-K'Z'K
              "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong."
              -Edward O. Wilson

Comment

Quoth K'Z'K View Post
                Frighteningly enough, I think I figured this one out: he illegally removed a Denver boot, aka a wheel clamp, from his car.

-K'Z'K
                I was actually thinking that myself.

(BTW, is your username from Sluggy?)
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth K'Z'K View Post

-K'Z'K
                  I think he was trying to write down Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle. Essentially, Auto Theft.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Maybe a road striper? Painting lines on the road?
                    There's an old joke about that... involving (TADA!) a blonde, a bucket of paint, and her rapidly diminishing ability to paint long lines. Because she leaves the bucket at one spot, and walks back and forth as the paintbrush runs out, thus increasing her travel time exponentially.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
                      Back when I was a lowly computer tech, one of the departments I worked for was managed by a rather well built and moderately good looking guy who was about 30 years old. He was the only male in the department. He was also the only person under 23 working there. He was also the least comely of the staff.
                      Sounds like our old cafe manager. He was a chunky guy in his 40s; most of the cafe workers at the time were little high school and college girls.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        (BTW, is your username from Sluggy?)
                        Yep, I've been a Sluggite for about 9 years now...

-K'Z'K
                        "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong."
                        -Edward O. Wilson

Comment

Yay, my nose is just over 3 inches from the wall!
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                          X