This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Sleep Just Fine, Thank You

One of my least favorite things are those who bitch about prices. HELLO--I am a cashier.

SO...I had a guy go through my line with some cheese. It was a premium brand & pre-sliced so it was expensive to the tune of about $5 for 8 oz. I rang him up & was treated to the following:

Me: That will be $5.
    SC: WOW! How do you sleep at night? That's outrageous! These prices are ridiculous. You charge too much!
    Me: I sleep like a baby since I don't determine prices. I don't charge too much. Corporate determines prices and they are based on industry standards. Would you like me to get a manager so we can give you the phone number to corporate?
    SC: NO! I don't have time for this. Just give me my cheese. I don't know how you sleep at night.
    Me: (losing it a little) Do I look like I'm getting rich standing behind a cash register? You're buying a premium brand & it is pre-sliced. Maybe you want the store brand that is not sliced?
    SC: No! I want you to lower your prices!
    SC's Friend to SC: Leave her alone, man.
    Me: Have a nice day. See you next time! (with thanks to whoever posted that acronym)
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

You too huh? I get asked the same thing frequently too.

Apparently, I should feel guilty about others breaking the law about illegal parking, and getting caught for it.

I'd like to know how THEY sleep at night. As in, since they callously and caustically disregard every warning sign you place in front of them, how do they make it through the day without having to spend the night in a hospital bed instead?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

They always bitch & complain to the wrong people who can't do anything about the prices even if they wanted to. Take it to Corporate.

Comment

And even then, what makes you think they care?

You bought it

Therefore, as much as you bitch, the price wasn't too high, therefore, they have no incentive to lower it.

So, it will stay as it is.

This is a point I tried for years to get through the head of a person I knew. They just could NOT believe that prices were always kept "so high" for everything.... but he kept buying it anyway, while moaning and complaining.

I'd point out that if he wanted the price to come down, he (and others) would just have to stop buying it until it did. He didn't want to do that, and maintained that "if they cared" the price would come down....

One day, he finally DID figure it out.

And blamed me for making his life difficult because I paid "too much" for everything and thus, "encouraged" stores to never reduce prices.

Is it any surprise that relationship is long over by now?
        Last edited by Argabarga; 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I get so sick of that crap. "You work here! Youre responsible for the prices!"

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
            SC: WOW! How do you sleep at night?
            "On a big pile of money, with many beautiful ladies."

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
            Me: Have a nice day. See you next time! (with thanks to whoever posted that acronym)
            CYNT? I don't get it.
            Last edited by EricKei; 06-16-2014, 05:19 PM. Reason: *does the post fusion dance*

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post

CYNT? I don't get it.
              Change the Y to a U.

RE: pricing

I get this all the time at the swamp. "OMG why is this so expensive? Walmart has it lots cheaper!"

Gee, I don't know why that is. Couldn't be because Walmart easily does 5 times the sales in a day that we do, and possibly more, and thus can buy in volume at cheaper prices. No, we're just ripping you off and hoping you're too distracted by all the pretty signs and shiny geegaws to notice how much we charge for everything.

Oh, you wish to buy it anyway? Whatevs, we knew you weren't going to go to Walmart anyway. You're old and Walmart is a big store.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Change the Y to a U.
                I'm well aware of the joke, hence the .

Comment

I also get people bitching about prices, one day I'm afraid I'm gonna slip and actually say: "then why are you here?" It would be a good question since the people that always say it are in the store almost every day.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

I've been asked how I sleep at night before

My answer is always - "With my eyes closed"
                    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      They always bitch & complain to the wrong people who can't do anything about the prices even if they wanted to. Take it to Corporate.
                      That's because they really don't expect you to do anything about it. They just want you to stand there and be your verbal punching bag. People like that are pussies, which makes the see you next time acronym even more appropriate in these kinds of cases.

BTW I love the idea of calling a SC/EW a cunt without actually calling them one. Awesome!
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

"I want you to lower your prices"

Yeah, I'll get right on that for ya...

Had a guy a couple weeks ago place one of those emo remembrance things for his dead wife. It was over $100. I quoted him the price and he says, "It never goes down, does it?"

Three problems with that comment:
                        1) What you say is entirely up to you. The more lines, the higher the price. Your call.
                        2) You paid MORE last year because that verse was longer. Again, your call.
                        3) In fact, our line rates for that classification have stayed the same for several years. So quit'cher bitchin'.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Damn, you beat me to it!
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Sherman, I just realized you insulted me. Now you will die.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Upon closer inspection, these are loafers.

Comment

Working...
                              X