Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The movie is me standing in front of a brick wall for eighty minutes. It cost eighty million dollars."

Comment

Even with the ongoing "let's rollback prices to the mid-1980's continuous promotion" my pizza company keeps running, people STILL manage to bitch and complain about prices.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize that many people watched The Critic.

Back at my last job, people would frequently mention that our prices were higher than our competitors' (which may be one of the many reasons the place ended up going under), as if I was supposed to do something about it. Not only could I not do anything about it, I really didn't care. Especially once I gave my notice.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Only $10/pound for premium cheeses?! Oh yeah, I forgot--we're talking SC's here.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            They didn't.

They watched the crossover episode with "The Simpsons" where he interviewed Rainier Wolfcastle.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              They didn't.

They watched the crossover episode with "The Simpsons" where he interviewed Rainier Wolfcastle.
              JAY SHERMAN: And if you ever want to visit my show --

BART: Nah, we're not gonna be doin' that.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Sweetie, I don't think that was the bus to summer camp, that was the bus to Attica Prison.
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  They didn't.

D'oh!

This clip is my personal favorite, and this one actually IS from The Critic.

Comment

Cashiers get the full force of it. I've been threatened with lawsuits over things that the company were at fault in - yes, that's right, they wanted to sue ME, the timid little cashier who makes minimum wage. It was never price-related since it was a pound shop, but once I was threatened with a lawsuit because it was clear that some of the packaging had got smaller (example: we used to sell chocolate bars in a 4 pack for £1 but due to the economy we then changed it to a 3 pack for £1. And yeah, someone thought "I know! I'll sue the cashier over this, since she's the one at the till!"

Um. NO.

Comment

OW! Rolled my eyes too hard.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I love when they think we (cashiers at grocery store) get employee discounts.

Uh, nice try, but nope. We don't get those either. We're no more or less special than you, sorry to say. And frankly, customers are treated better than we are.

Or when they say, "I spend so much here, I should buy stock!" Well, that's nice, but it's an employee-owned business. You'd have to WORK here to even get stock, so good luck with that attitude. /eyeroll
                        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I had some twerp demand my employee discount. I told him full price. No, I want your discount. I finally told him that I paid the same prices that he did. Even gas? Even gas.

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
                            I had some twerp demand my employee discount. I told him full price. No, I want your discount. I finally told him that I paid the same prices that he did. Even gas? Even gas.
                            We didn't get employee discounts at my old supermarket job. It would have come in handy too, since everybody needs food.

The home improvements store I worked at after that offered a 15% employee discount. It wasn't very useful though, since if you worked there, you probably couldn't afford to own a house.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                              I love when they think we (cashiers at grocery store) get employee discounts.
                              We get a 5% employee discount at my GC.

Comment

I do get an employee discount at the thrift store I work in. My husband can use it even if I'm not with him, by telling them he's an employee's spouse (and a lot of the cashiers have seen him with me enough to recognize him anyway).
                                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                                X