Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deranged Homocidal Maniac Tries To Kill Me (kind of long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    That would DEFINITELY fit the "A" in the organization's name.
    At Pennsic one year I watched Drakemir repairing the troll laptop computer wearing garb and using candles for lighting ...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      As I said above, I personally have found the 3D to be perfectly fine. I don't know, however, that it is a smaller diameter than the 4D so much as it is shorter in length. My memory tells me that they're the same diameter. Am I misremembering?
      No the D versions are all the same diameter, but the C versions are smaller diameter, as the C battery is smaller diameter than the D.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Oh, I didn't know they had C versions. Makes sense. My personal opinion, then, is that if you're gonna have it for self-defense as well as lighting, you're better off going with the D version.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Oh, I didn't know they had C versions. Makes sense. My personal opinion, then, is that if you're gonna have it for self-defense as well as lighting, you're better off going with the D version.
          Hmm, that could depend on how sturdy the C versions are, and how hard you can swing it. Assuming sturdiness being equal, the D version would have more inherent mass, but the C would be hitting with less surface area to spread the blow out. If you could swing either enough velocity, or otherwise impart enough extra force to overcome the mass difference, the C could potentially do more damage.

Don't wait up for me! I'm off to Science! (races from the room, lab coat flapping in the breeze)
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

In close quarters, higher velocity is not always realistic or feasible. I stand by my statement that the D version is better for the purposes we are discussing.

Still A Customer."

Comment

If I was attacked like that by some crazy person...well...I have a concealed carry permit. I'd definitely draw my piece and put two into his chest the moment he starts breaking my car windows and trying to strangle me.

Self-defense, am I right???

Comment

Depends on your state's laws. In some places, you'd be considered well within your rights, and in others, it would be considered excessive force for the situation. However anyone feels about such a response or concealed permits vs open carry (and such opinions are best kept to fratching), if you carry a firearm for defense, make sure you know your local laws regarding such situations.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Depends on your state's laws. In some places, you'd be considered well within your rights, and in others, it would be considered excessive force for the situation.
                  In every state I'm aware of which allows carry, if you retreat from a confrontation as best as you can, and the one confronting you continues their assault, and you are in fear for your life, you are permitted to use your firearm to defend yourself. (Some states allow for a bit more aggressive approach, but not many.)

Note that you are very likely to have your actions and assumptions challenged, both in civil and criminal court. Still, there's the old saw that it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

I'd also like to add that, if you're going to carry a firearm, you need to *train* with it. Otherwise it will typically wind up being worse than useless in this sort of situation.

Comment

Did the crazy guy try to come around again or did your boss/manager ban the guy, or is there a restraining order in place?
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Hasn't come around yet, but I think it's most certainly inevitable.. Before this whole thing I had seen him around at least half a dozen times.

Comment

Hmm...I'm wondering about the idea of getting a maglite, even a small one. My penlight recently broke and I was using it to navigate streets at night (one of the side streets is not particularly well-lit).
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
                          Hasn't come around yet, but I think it's most certainly inevitable.. Before this whole thing I had seen him around at least half a dozen times.

Time for a new job, dude.

Unbelievable this lunatic would be allowed back in public so soon after an assault.

Comment

Ok guys, there have been too many posts skirting the Fratching line here. I'm afraid we're going to have to close this thread. If you want to discuss gun law etc, take it there. This is not the place for it at any time.
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                            X