This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Enjis View Post
    Why do people even have $100 bills these days? ATMs don't give them out. If I was cashing a check at my bank, I would ask for $20s, and never a hundred or a fifty dollar bill.
    Geeze.
    I used a $100 bill at an Auction last Saturday. They did not take "out-of-state" checks, or Credit cards.

They really need to get a portable card reader.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
      Why do people even have $100 bills these days? ATMs don't give them out. If I was cashing a check at my bank, I would ask for $20s, and never a hundred or a fifty dollar bill.
      Geeze.
      In the area where I live, there are a lot of Spanish-speaking folks who seem to always pay with hundreds and fifties. My mom explained to me that they don't usually trust banks, so they usually use check cashing places instead of an ATM, which tend to give out the larger bills. Possibly some of them are also illegal and/or being paid under the table.

But still, paying a small total with a large bill is, in my opinion, extremely rude. Unless you have no other option, get some change somewhere! I had a lady yesterday in fact whose total was something like $1.36 and she paid with a hundred. I've also gotten the occasional young guy who seems like he's the type trying to be impressive paying for a $3.21 purchase with a hundred. I am definitely not impressed, dude.
      Last edited by MelindaJoy77; 06-25-2014, 01:39 PM.
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
        Geeze.

I own a computer business and some people prefer to pay in cash. Sometimes it'll be a few hundred dollars if they're purchasing a new computer. And since I pay our technician in cash, it works out nicely.

If the IRS is reading this I'm lying through my teeth and I don't know anything about computers.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
          But still, paying a small total with a large bill is, in my opinion, extremely rude.
          In my defence, the reason I paid for an 85p loaf of bread with a £20 note was because the shop wouldn't accept debit card payments of under £5, I'd left my cash purse at home, and their ATM only had £20 notes left. Sorry.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I've had customers do this but when they do, I always ask if they don't mind ones, fives, and quarters because that's often all I have. They think I'm joking but when I start putting the quarters on the counter for their change, their eyes go wide. I tell them that I gave fair warning.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

i've done work for my parents and they've paid me in a $50 bill.

While getting gas on the way home, I went inside bought a drink, some scratch lottery tickets and gas. but before i had even done any of that, I mentioned I was paying with a large bill for gas and other things. and asked if they had the change to break it first...

Course, I have forethought.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

When I cash checks from quilting sometimes the bank will give me large bills.

Since I can't walk out of a fabric store without spending at least $50, this doesn't bother me too much.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
                  I've also gotten the occasional young guy who seems like he's the type trying to be impressive paying for a $3.21 purchase with a hundred. I am definitely not impressed, dude.
                  Exactly; because he's spending around three dollars! Now, if someone drops $700 in my store, I'm slightly impressed.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't need to flash cash to impress anyone.

My hair speaks for itself where all my money goes.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                    X