This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't be weird, you'll get banned!

First ban in a while. The last ban was oh, when that smoker kept smoking up our hotel. But it doesn't count because the GM later rescinded her ban but smoker was not just any smoker, it was a D Member! DUN DUN DUN *shudder* D Members are bad enough but smoking ones? GTFO. :\
    Anyway. This guy wasn't a D Member, so he was banned. Because he was weird. First he babbled unneccesarily and endlessly about politics to me, a stranger. My guess is that he just got release from solitary confinement, he talked at me so much. THen it got darker. His babble turned to that someone was after his info, and that I should just comply with this *someone* and show him to his room, and I won't get shot. But it was ok, because he wasn't afraid to die, but he was worried that someone else would be.
    Um what? Ok, folks, if you really wanna freak out this night clerk that's alone, you should start talking about her immenient possible death by *someone*. I guess he thought he was just warning me but... Instant paranoia. Every guy became a gunman, and every car that swished by had a ak 47 hanging out. Fucking creepy. One thing I knew was that I wasn't going to just show him to his room if he did show up, Iwas gonna run like hell and hope that he doesn't shoot me in the back, grab my phone and lock myself in the back office for 911.
    Complety blithely unaware of skeeving me out, he then rambled on about how he was going to do something else that'll make him get arrested, and that to pretty please with a cherry on top to call his lawyer. Why he couldn't call his lawyer himself IDK, but I was too freaked out by then. Finally, after 2 hours, he went to his room.
    I wasn't sure whether to call the police and tell them that I was scared...I thought they'd probably say, "well, do you want to get this guy out or not?" 2 Problems with that. One: The guy might make a scene or get violent (i could tell that he was off somehow) and cops stomping around'll make the other guests nervous, and Two: the guy had mentioned that he was in the armed forces, and cops don't bother with those, from past experience I've learned. Unless they're activiely shooting up the place or something I suppose. Anyway, one the other hand I didn't want some wackjob enemy of the guy's coming in here with a gun with only a glass door for protection. After pulling myself together and thinking it through, I decided to risk it and send a prayer that everyone would be safe until the end of my shift, which was in 1 hour, and explain everything to Mr. C, my relief, when he got here and let him deal with the weirdo.
    No gunman and Mr. C's reaction was kinda funny. His eyes bugged and his jaw dropped. Then he looked ill, he turned a green. Later I found out thaat the GM spoke with him and the weirdo confirmed that he said those things and the cops threw him out. Huh I guess they do that to those people if they're weird.
    Yeah so don't be weird and freak out the night clerk. Thx!
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 01-18-2017, 07:41 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    I should just comply with this *someone* and show him to his room, and I won't get shot. But it was ok, because he wasn't afraid to die, but he was worried that someone else would be.
    That's not just weird. That's making threats. I'm glad you're ok, and that the creeper got banned.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

My lady justice boner is in effect.

Comment

That's not weird. I'M weird. That guy was creepy and scary.

Comment

Yeah, that's not weird, that's downright scary.

Its the sort of thing that would have me calling security and I don't sit in the same room as my customers!

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
            That's not just weird. That's making threats. I'm glad you're ok, and that the creeper got banned.
            Thank you and yeah I guess you're right, that he was making threats. Looking back I've should've called the cops, even if they just laugh it off at least I tried, right?

I now heard that he's staying in some other Hellton hotel in DC. They keep calling us and say "What is UP with this GUY??? He's WEIRD!" His wife and sister called us too, but their reaction is very different: "That's just how he is." >.> Too bad he didn't go to the Mary Yacht. Send the competition our crazies, they do it to us!
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

It's fun being weird,
              It's fun being weird,
              It's fun being weird, you should try it some time...
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
              X