Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are closed, we are closed, we are closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in. Many times I've had 800-900 litre fillups when I got back to the company yard (1000 litres usable fuel), but I keep an eye on the multifunction display and know that I've got enough remaining.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I don't see anything sucky about waiting til the tank is low before filling up, especially since the price of fuel has risen recently. What I find sucky is a) waiting til a blizzard happens before deciding to go fill up, b) being a bitch when told that a petrol station is closed and c) refusing to take no for an answer.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

And it's not like you were closing super early, it was just half an hour. I mean, a looooong time ago the fabric store got permission to close a little early, I think it was an hour. But it still took a little while to close the registers, so we were walking out the door maybe at 8:30 PM, when we normally close at 9:00. A little old lady pulls up and says "oh, are you closing?" Um, look around, it's a blizzard in a place that normally gets a few inches per year. Why not call ahead? Especially this SC, who just wasted a bunch of gas.

Slightly related, but I can't remember the last time I got gas when there was an employee on site. I get gas on my way to work, and the convenience store isn't open at 6 AM. So I am pretty used to being able to get gas whenever. But the UK is clearly different, and the people there should know better. But they don't, or this site wouldn't exist.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

If that woman had been waiting after I closed up, I think I would have called the cops. That's scary. What was her plan?

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
            If that woman had been waiting after I closed up, I think I would have called the cops. That's scary. What was her plan?
            I have no idea, due to possessing sanity and common sense. In any case, she was gone before the petrol station opened up the next day.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              What I find sucky is a) waiting til a blizzard happens before deciding to go fill up, b) being a bitch when told that a petrol station is closed and c) refusing to take no for an answer.
              While I can somewhat blushing admit I waited to fill my car until the day we got evacuated due to potential flooding, it was only because I didn't have the money available to do it until that day, so I filled up on the way home to go pack.

I did, however, avoid cursing at the queues of panicky people filling their car up as if it was the apocalypse, I paid at the pump to keep the queue time down, and if the place had been shut I would have shrugged and moved on to one of the 4 other petrol stations within a 2 mile radius (commuting on one of the major commuting routes in the area has its advantages!)
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
              X