This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    I love the "arm-chair lawyer" types. They always claim it is against the law if it doesn't go their way.
    Not directly related, but it reminds me of one SC I had while I was working in a previous call centre job. He said that he was recording the conversation as if that was some kind of threat. Of course, I could have reminded him that calls were recorded (and some also monitored by shift supervisors) anyway, so it really made no difference. I just said "okay", and 'disarmed' him enough during the rest of the call that I'm guessing he forgot about the whole thing within about an hour anyhow.

For emphasis, he threw in how he would file a lawsuit etc. etc. (frankly, I can't even remember what his complaint was, but I'm guessing it was that we couldn't deliver pizza because of past "problems" with orders from that phone number/customer).

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
      MY HUSBAND"S A COP SO EXCPECT A VISIT!!!
      He probably deserves a break from the old hag anyhow, welcome him and give him a noce cup of tea.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
        Not directly related, but it reminds me of one SC I had while I was working in a previous call centre job. He said that he was recording the conversation as if that was some kind of threat. Of course, I could have reminded him that calls were recorded (and some also monitored by shift supervisors) anyway, so it really made no difference. I just said "okay", and 'disarmed' him enough during the rest of the call that I'm guessing he forgot about the whole thing within about an hour anyhow.

For emphasis, he threw in how he would file a lawsuit etc. etc. (frankly, I can't even remember what his complaint was, but I'm guessing it was that we couldn't deliver pizza because of past "problems" with orders from that phone number/customer).
        actually, that kinda reminds me of one of utah's quirks. In utah as long as one of the parties knows that the call is recorded then it is perfectly legal... translation, if i know the call is being recorded by the company then I don't have to inform the caller... there are people that get pissy when they contest something and I say, that call was recorded, please hold and i'll have the recording pulled... and then they try to say that isn't legal... and guess what, it is legal here.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
          if it's from 2005 you can bet she didn't buy it to be a birthday present, because, nobody buys stuff 2 years in advance, especially clothing
          Actually, I have a few older relatives who do. They'll be browsing the clearance section, and see something that looks like it could make a great present someday, and buy it. They keep collections in their house so they don't have to go to the store for every grandkid's and great-grandkid's birthday, they just go to the storage room and pull out something they think the kid will like.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            I don't see these much anymore, since I'm on the phones. But my blissfully ignorant customers confuse "warranty" with "return."

This phone is still under warranty, I want my money back.
            I don't want the same phone! It's under warranty, so that means you can exchange it with something else.
            What good is a warranty if it doesn't give me a replacement if I break it?
            Yet you most surely get customers who think nothing of asking you to credit back for an error on their bill that it took them a whole YEAR to notice and then you tell them you can only go back 60 or 90 days to credit and everything goes downhill from there...
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

all our calls are recorded at work. Some calls we don't have to inform the caller cause of state, some we do, some we can precead if we dont get an affirmative response to the recording...

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                if it's from 2005 you can bet she didn't buy it to be a birthday present, because, nobody buys stuff 2 years in advance, especially clothing
                You can tell you have never met my mom. When she finds something on clearance she will buy peoples presents even if it means stocking up for years in advance, but she has never tried to return any of the stuff she bought. If one of use doesn't like it she will find someone who will or donate it to the needy.

Comment

Working...
                X