X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little list

Of the type of customers I despise.

1. All , ok that was a bad joke

2. Wallet organizers - These self centered tards think I want to stand at the till for two minutes after the transaction is completed for them to look through thier wallets, organize reciepts, change the position of all of thier cards. Piss off and go away.

3. Wad holders - Not to be confused with the Wallet Organizers. These dicks, feel the need to carry even dollar to thier name in a wad in thier pocket. Normally all in the same denomination, 20$'s
    Then when looking for a "suitable" bill to pay you with flip through the entire stack only to retrieve a 20 from the middle exactly the same as the one on the outside.
    They only hope to impress you with thier amazing wealth and prowess for looking like a drug dealer.

4. Accountants - These genuises are specific to Beer stores I believe but can be found surely in other Retail hell holes .....opps I mean businesses.
    EG. Hi , I brought back 35 empty bottles, for 3.50$, 10 Cans for 1.00$ I have 2.00$ in cash and I want to put 2.45$ on my debit card for a six pack.
    They only seek to confuse you.

5. The StoryTellers - These people generally will open with a line that begs an inquiry that will only end in your painful demise as you stand waiting for a opening to ironically exit a horrible conversation.

Thats all I can think of for now, work to do , sigh

Quoth mymaskofsanity View Post
    5. The StoryTellers - These people generally will open with a line that begs an inquiry that will only end in your painful demise as you stand waiting for a opening to ironically exit a horrible conversation.
    Cripes. I get this one a lot. They usually start with something like "Do you have a cabernet franc? Because I tried a really good one last week in France..." But of course they don't want to see or purchase the cab francs we have, they just want me to ask about their trip to France and ooh and aah over how cultured and rich they must be.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Of the type of customers I despise.
      3. Wad holders -
      Then when looking for a "suitable" bill to pay you with flip through the entire stack only to retrieve a 20 from the middle exactly the same as the one on the outside.
      They only hope to impress you with thier amazing wealth and prowess for looking like a drug dealer.
      Ugh, don't get me started. It never fails, I will have a long line and almost no change in my drawer and get one of these asshats. They will get a $6 beer and flip leisurely through their money wad, passing several ones and fives, and then finally whip out a twenty from the middle. Dammit! I'm not impressed by your wad of cash! I am smart enough to keep my life savings in the bank - just pay with a one and a five so I can have change left instead of giving it all to your pathetic ass.

Wow, I guess those type of guys piss me off a lot more than I thought they did.

Comment

3. Wad holders - Not to be confused with the Wallet Organizers. These dicks, feel the need to carry even dollar to thier name in a wad in thier pocket. Normally all in the same denomination, 20$'s
        I always make a point of looking away when people pull out a wad of bills and are obviously flashing them around.
        I refuse to play into their stupid game of self importance. Just because you emptied your bank account to come shopping today doesn't mean you impress me. In fact, I think you're a moron for carrying that much cash with you.

Comment

Wad holders don't impress me. I tend to ignore the wad and just wait for the money.

Comment

I've been known to roll my eyes and fiddle with my lotto machine when the wad comes out.

Although once I had a younger kid reach down to get his money and lifted the wad above counter hight. He quickly hid it and said "oops you weren't supposed to see that." Probably the only person I've ever seen not flash the cash as it were.

Comment

It is my hunch that a lot of the wad holders put the big bills on the top and bottom, and the rest are all singles just to make them feel like big shots when they pull it all out.

I have a cousin who tends to carry around hundreds, but at least he keeps them in his wallet.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Or, they could do like Woody Harrelson's (sp?) character Roy Munson in Kingpin, and carry one 100 dollar bill wrapped in monopoly money...,.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                  Wad holders don't impress me. I tend to ignore the wad and just wait for the money.
                  Ditto here - ironically, I think those wads have just the opposite effect on most clerks. I usually think to myself "Gee, you don't have it together enough financially to use a bank?"

Comment

Story-tellers. I think the best (worst?) example happened when I was shopping in a bookstore one day and a lady came in asking about travel guides/books. She started to tell the whole story of her travel plans, something like this:

"Well, we will be heading off in about six months, we are going to start in India, go through all of the "-stans", except Afghanistan, then head towards Eastern Europe".

Except in a lot more detail, and deliberately loud enough for *everyone* in the store to hear her impressive plans. Don't get me wrong, I take an interest in the world and travel and so forth and if a stranger was going to strike up a pleasant conversation with me about where they had been or planned to go, I would probably be interested.

But it was so obvious that this woman simply wanted to show off to both the employees and other customers in the store (and probably everybody else she came into contact with for the next year) about her wonderful life and exciting plans.

Comment

2. Okay, truthfully, I like my wallet to be tidy. However, I will not deliberately stand there to do so. I will pay, get my money, TRY to put the money in a semi-sorted manner in my wallet as I...WALK AWAY. Yeah, I can't understand people that lollygag when the transaction is over. That got REAL old working at gas stations.

3. There are one of two BAD things you can do that will fortunately cause them to never want to do that again. One, SLAP the wallet. Seeing their wallet fly across the room (probably with money flying everywhere), they'll go berzerk scurrying after it, leaving you to the next customer if you're really devious. Or two, act like you're going to grab it...just enough to make them paranoid. There's nothing more fun than messing with customers.

4. "Oh, I'm sorry. This is the 'pay me with money' line. Goodbye." Never had to deal with this, fortunately.

5. There are ways to crush a story, but you have to be tactful. Examples:

Political...

- Claim to be for the other side.
                      - Act close-minded.
                      - Claim to be "open."
                      - Keep saying "in your opinion."
                      - Claim to be communist.

Something that's OBVIOUSLY funny (to them, anyway)...

- Be straight-faced and unresponsive.
                      - Laugh at inappropriate moments.
                      - Laugh awkwardly.
                      - Stare and say nothing.

Alcohol, drugs, and all the rest...

- "I had a friend that died from that." Say nothing else...look down a lot.

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                        - Laugh at inappropriate moments.
                        "Holey bartender! I just got it! Man, that is da bawmb!"
                        </J>
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Wallet organizers - These self centered tards think I want to stand at the till for two minutes after the transaction is completed for them to look through thier wallets, organize reciepts, change the position of all of thier cards. Piss off and go away.
                          All I do is face my bills and organize my cash in order of denomination. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Wad holders - Not to be confused with the Wallet Organizers. These dicks, feel the need to carry even dollar to thier name in a wad in thier pocket. Normally all in the same denomination, 20$'s

I carry a "wad" of cash because I don't have a credit card and I hate my debit card with a passion. Would you prefer I write a check?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                            I carry a "wad" of cash because I don't have a credit card and I hate my debit card with a passion. Would you prefer I write a check?
                            I believe that the "wad" meant is the people who carry 4 or 5 hundred dollars in mainly 20s, with some smaller and larger bills mixed in. I've seen it, and it's tacky. 200 or so is okay, as someone could easily spend that in a day, and like you, could prefer cash. But if you're planning on spending 4 or 5 hundred, get some larger bills.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              All I do is face my bills and organize my cash in order of denomination. I'm sorry if that bothers you.
                              I do to, but I at least try to scoot away from the till enough that the next customer can pay. I took the OP to mean that the wallet-organizers stand in the way.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X