Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a customer ever lied about me, obviously the manager didn't believe it, because I never heard about it. The one time I had customer really complain about me, I expected, because I couldn't help rolling my eyes at the woman and she saw me do it (and she deserved it), but my manager was so aggravated with her she didn't care.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm eventually going to give myself a neon pink witchlock... and maybe do the whole thing a nice sky blue.

... but I'm lazy and an eventual member of the Procrastinators Society... I'll actually up and join, one of these days...

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        ... but I'm lazy and an eventual member of the Procrastinators Society... I'll actually up and join, one of these days...

^-.-^
        Son: Dad, what's procrastinate mean?

Dad: I've been gonna look that up...

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          "We love what you've done with your hair."
          Altho, I'm more of a fan of the cartoons than the film; they followed canon far better. ^^

Quoth Banrion View Post
          I bet more people get it now, than did when I had my that way. Mine was like that back circa 1994-95, I never ran into someone who got the cool reference, everyone kept calling me a skunk.
          Damn them! XD I've never actually had that, altho I once had the living counterpart of Comic Book Guy say to me even before I managed to say hello to him, that he recognised me as having Rogue style hair.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

MY take on the liars is someone scamming for a freebie. Someone in the store was mean/rude to me, gimmie free stuff!

Comment

In title insurance, I had one client lie about me constantly over how rude I was and had a nasty tone with them. They eventually got me fired when I couldn't prove that I didn't do what they said I did. I was getting sick of that place anyway (rude clients and my co-worker being an unprofessional ass and slacking off), so it was for the best.

At Geek Squad, it was amazing how many "friends" I suddenly had that I would give free service to. They would tell my co-workers that "the girl that works in Geek Squad said she'd do it for free." Considering I was the most cynical person on the Squad and didn't think twice about charging an arm and a leg for running a few simple programs, they all knew it was BS. I don't know why they thought it would work.

My favorite was a guy that works in the computer department telling me that some chick with a baby told him that I was her friend and told her that I would do a video card install for her for free. First of all, I didn't talk to anyone with a baby that day. And unless the woman had black hair, she wasn't my friend. (Two of my friends have babies and they both have black hair.) There was only one other person I could think of that would say that and I wouldn't piss on her if she were on fire. When I imparted all this to the guy (especially the last part), he laughed.
              A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Altho, I'm more of a fan of the cartoons than the film; they followed canon far better. ^^
                Hey, you have Sir Ian McKellan in your avatar, it was the first thing that popped into my head. Rogue in the animated series is far, far better. Anna Paquin doesn't do Rogue just.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  Hey, you have Sir Ian McKellan in your avatar, it was the first thing that popped into my head. Rogue in the animated series is far, far better. Anna Paquin doesn't do Rogue just.
                  That is so true; both the Evolution and TAS Rogues are far far better than movie Rogue. I got really annoyed too with the way the third movie messed up both the Phoenix saga and the cure storylines. -.-
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

That is so true; both the Evolution and TAS Rogues are far far better than movie Rogue. I got really annoyed too with the way the third movie messed up both the Phoenix saga and the cure storylines. -.-
                    They should have had another movie, at least, between what were the second and third movies.

^-,-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I nearly cried when i first learned that they were going to touch on the Phoenix saga (aka when i saw the end of the second movie) there is just no way to translate that into a movie well, too much back story, and too long of a story. *sigh* i like to pretend that last movie never happened.
                      "this job would be great if it wasn't for the f@*#ing customers" - Randle Graves, Clerks

Comment

Quoth wadewilson View Post
                        *sigh* i like to pretend that last movie never happened.
                        You too, eh? I'm a huge Wolverine fan, and I was still "WTF? Buh. That's incredibly retarded."
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth wadewilson View Post
                          *sigh* i like to pretend that last movie never happened.
                          Me too; we never even bought that DVD. The first two movies were excellent, the third...so much potential, and it didn't even come close. Though I did rather like Kelsey Grammer as The Beast, he was vastly underused.

Back OT, I'm sure I've had people lying about me to my managers. I have an unpleasant voice due to bad sinuses and deviated septum. Unfortunately, a lot of SCs think that means I have a bad attitude, no matter how polite I am. "It's not what you said, it's the waaaaay you said it!" Well, I'm sorry, it's not something I can control!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Back OT, I'm sure I've had people lying about me to my managers. I have an unpleasant voice due to bad sinuses and deviated septum. Unfortunately, a lot of SCs think that means I have a bad attitude, no matter how polite I am. "It's not what you said, it's the waaaaay you said it!" Well, I'm sorry, it's not something I can control!
                            I have a similar problem with my voice. My voice naturally carries, especially when I get excited. So sometimes it sounds like I'm ranting or yelling at someone.

There is an explanation for that: my grandfather, who had lost about 75 - 80% of his hearing due to an accident involving dynamite, used to babysit me when I was little. He couldn't hear you unless you practically shouted. Other mitigating factors comes from performing in choirs all through middle and high school and halfway through college, trying to make myself heard at Magic tournaments when making announcements, and working in a store where music or movies were turned all the way up.

It's not something I can help because I'm often not aware of it. But if you nicely ask me to tone it down, I'll do what I can. Unfortunately, people would rather complain like a little bitch to management about my "tone" rather than tell me to my face. I'm aware that my voice carries, people! I'm not going to be offended if you ask me to lower my voice.
                            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
                            X