This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSHH No money?

I didn't take this girl's order (one pizza, delivery) but I got it when she called back to cancel.

G for girl

Me: Thak you fo--
    G: KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSHHHHHHH HHHH....shhhh.. BEEEP.
    Me: o_0
    G: Hello?
    Me: Hi, thanks for calling (company) what can I ge--
    G: KSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH.. I wanna (ksshhh) order.
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am?
    G: I wanna kaahhh cancel KSHH.
    Me: OKay, you had a large ranch for delivery, right?
    G: KSSHHH Yeh. I ain't got no money fo kahhhhhhhhAAAAHHHHHH.
    Me: You wan KSH to cancel because you don't have enough money?
    G: Yeah, LAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH BEEP BEEP BEEP...money. Too much, ya'll hear?
    Me: Did your KSHHH LAAAHHHH server before me not tell you the amount, ma'am? (They make me ask in case anyone needs a whoopin'.)
    G: BEEP Yeah, but I ain't got it.
    Me: Then we'll put your order back, thank you for letting us know be KSHHH before we delivered it.
    G: I wan' mah foods. I gettin it.
    Me: Well, it would knock off about $2.10 tax an all if you just pick it up.
    G: I ain't got that.
    Me: Then is there anything I can do fo
    LAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KSHH SHHHHhhhhhhhhh shhhh... *sizzle sizzle* BEEP.

And then dial-tone. I guess whatever strain her phone was on gave one clear minute before it finally died.

Freaky with all the noises during the transaction, and she never called back.

I don't know exactly how this could happen, but it sounds to me as though there was some data interference. As if she was talking to you while a computer or fax machine was on the same line. Maybe an unfiltered DSL line or someone else trying to connect by dial-up while she was talking to you.

Still, that kind of customer is always annoying. "I want this and that and the other thing. Oh, wait, I don't have enough money. Forget it." Seems like a backward way of thinking to me. Maybe I'm the backward one...
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

She was determined to get her Ranch, just didn't wanna pay XP

She was definitely on a land-line, so I would surmise your DSL assumption correct!

Comment

I can tell you for an almost certainty that the interference was DSL noise on the line.

We used to get that all the time at the old place.

When we finally had the phone guys out to check out why our phone went out every time it rained, the guy who fixed it (he replaced some of the line halfway down the block) came up after he was finished and made a comment that the line he replaced was older than he was, and he was in his 30's at least.

Before that, we'd had the drop from the pole replaced because it was just as old, and it was the one that kept letting interference from our DSL through.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ranch pizza sounds . . . really really good. What's on it? I may have to try and duplicate it at home.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Lay down (on pizza dough, with light garlic seasonings) a very low-smell ranch dressing.

Mozzerella cheese, tomatoes (preferably juicy Roma), onions (red for zing), and green peppers, and crispy half-cooked bacon.

Add fully cooked chicken to your delight, or perhaps thinly sliced cooked pork.

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
              Lay down (on pizza dough, with light garlic seasonings) a very low-smell ranch dressing.

Mozzerella cheese, tomatoes (preferably juicy Roma), onions (red for zing), and green peppers, and crispy half-cooked bacon.

Add fully cooked chicken to your delight, or perhaps thinly sliced cooked pork.
              Okay, I'm having pizza tonight.
              Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
              {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Oh crap.. is this gonna be like the desert pizza thing? I've got like 15 different kinds of specialties from work. I'll start typing if anyone wants those kinds I can, legally. Pizza places are strict >_>

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...741#post205741

There ya go.

Comment

even though the hissing is definantly some form of data modulation going down the line (dsl/fax/modem/whatever), I can't help but hope, every time i hear it on the line of a sucky customer, that some how, somewhere, they are in an abandoned space station getting eaten by something angry..

there is just something about the noise of a failing customer on a failing phone line that reminds me of the aliens series of movies

and on another note, thanks for the pizza recipies
                    It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

Mmmmm...thank you Unholypet!

I read the post pictureing the woman calling from the other end of a burger joint drive-thru speaker.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Kogarashi, I've just now noticed the diaper ninja title Classic!!

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                          Kogarashi, I've just now noticed the diaper ninja title Classic!!
                          Thanks! I was using "Till Ninja" last fall when I was still pregnant and working at Wal-Mart, but decided to switch to "Diaper Ninja" after the baby was born.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                            I read the post pictureing the woman calling from the other end of a burger joint drive-thru speaker.
                            Heh! I was remembering the novelty song, "Fast Food", where the guy is trying to order at a drive-thru speaker and is only getting garbled noises in return.

"CHEESEBURGER! ONION RINGS! AND A LARGE...ORANGE...DRINK!!!"

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm thinking two unshielded twisted pair lines, with an active 56k modem on the other one. Although I suppose it could just be a very static-y squirrel running on the lines.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X