This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back...Wait I was gone?

Yes I was. It was only a year or so...it was less than two. The reason for my lack of posting: I kept forgetting to, got caught up in work, class, etc, and my life decided to see how much excrement it can encounter and survive. Apparently, a lot, hooray To not go to far off topic, I got hit by an EF 5 feces tornado which I didn't avoid though it was right in front of my face.

But as I said, off topic from what I want to tell you all today.

This semester in college, I'm working at my university's Rec Center, more specifically the weight room as an attendant. I'm basically a maid with a nicer title, but that's another issue. For the most part, I just watch people as they workout (yes I know it's creepy). The students are fully capable of lifting properly. Except one. Always one.

Me: Me Muscle Headed Stereotype: MHS

Me: Excuse me, you can't lift without your shoes on.
    MHS: But I always squat without my shoes.
    Me: Thinking (What?) I'm sorry but it's a safety issue.
    MHS: sighs but agrees without further arguing

I know he was more of a stupid patron than a sucky customer, but honestly why would you admit that you do something clearly dangerous to an authoritative person. Ay, mi cerebro. I'm just glad he didn't want to argue. Not that he would win, I just didn't want to be an ass that late in the evening, 8:23.

More posts about blatantly obvious failure in my Rec patrons to come.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Quoth Trayol View Post
    I'm basically a maid with a nicer title, but that's another issue. For the most part, I just watch people as they workout (yes I know it's creepy).
    You say creepy, I say suggest adding a rule where all the boys have to work out in tiny shorts and no shirt.

Make sure to get a good seat near the rowing machines.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

?

I'm a guy and leaning towards not gay. Your advice helps me not. It's also against the rules for health reasons. That place has enough disease as is.
      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Ew, why would you want to walk around a sweaty gym with no shoes?

Welcome back, BTW
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Ew, why would you want to walk around a sweaty gym with no shoes?

Welcome back, BTW
          Because athelete's foot comes in that oh so fashionable shade of green?
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
          X