This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Moment with my Dad

So, after spending over an hour decided what the hell we where we were going to get food from (seriously, at times neither of us have a craving at the same time so it takes us forever. I typically then flip a coin and then figure it out based on my dad's reaction.)

So we're ordering pizza. He's paying for it, I'm paying the tip for the delivery driver. The total came out to be about $18.XX (I honestly forgot lol.)

Dad: How much are you going to give for tip? *while handing me a $20.*
    Me: *shuffling through ones* Uhm, so it was eighteen-something... round that up to nineteen... *count count count* $5.00
    Dad: o.O $5!
    Me: Yeah. I'm too effin' lazy to drive to the store and pick up the damn pizza, plus they get stiffed all the time. So I do five buck minimum, no matter how much my order cost. Same goes for when I eat out unless the service was abysmal. (Which, yes, means at times when I only want an appetizer the waitress is getting like a 100% tip.)
    Dad: ...
    Me: ...Hey! You ain't paying the tip, shoo!
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

I'm like that. Learned if from a friend. She will tip $5 on a cup of coffee. She's awesome.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I tip according to location and if it applies, then use percentage. Delivery, yup, I'll tip extra solely for the convenience. It's good that you do that.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      She will tip $5 on a cup of coffee.
      I can't do that, lol. Not when I know those jobs (at least, in my area) pay normal wage. I'll do my usual tip having it depend on the complexity, but not $5 for just one cup

Comment

I based my $5 minimum because it's enough for a gallon of gas and a couple of candy bars. I figure covering the cost for a good number of the driver's deliveries for the night means the rest of the tips he gets go somewhere more important.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

If I'm at someplace like a diner and only spending a few bucks, I will tip 100% (at least), too. Normal restaurants I'll tip 15-20%. I rarely order delivery. I'd normally do 20% for delivery but usually I only get food delivered when I'm with other people and the total is generally enough that it works out to a reasonable tip. Never thought about if I was just ordering for myself, to be honest...don't think I've ever ordered delivery just for myself.

Oh, wait, there was that time I was housesitting and the cats brought me a mouse just before the pizza came...if you answer the door with a paper plate of half-dead mouse, the pizza guy will look at you funny. >.< I don't remember how much I tipped.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            ...if you answer the door with a paper plate of half-dead mouse, the pizza guy will...
            say "If you want that added to your toppings, I quit!"
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

$4-5 minimum here on my pizza deliveries. This is thanks both to this board and having an ex-girlfriend who used to deliver pizza and had plenty of things to say about bad tippers.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                say "If you want that added to your toppings, I quit!"

Lol. I couldn't put him down or the cats would have gotten him again. I set him down on the porch so I could pay and take the pizza, then I put him under a plant in front of the house. I checked on him a little later and he had moved about a foot from where I left him; poked him gently with a twig and he was still alive. A little after that I checked on him and he was in the same place and had died. Looked in the morning and he was gone. One of the stray cats probably had a snack. Or maybe he ordered a mouse pizza.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I tend to go with a $5 base on my delivery tips. I know for a fact that very few drivers make enough to cover the wear on their cars.

In a restaurant setting, that base drops to $3 for good service, but my bills never come out to less than $20, so it's pretty much a moot point anyway. If all I want is a cup of coffee, I'll go to a donut shop or the like; if I'm going to take up table space at a restaurant, I'm going to order food (especially since a lot of servers have to share with bussers and/or cooks).

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X