Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry for this. Hugs and kitty bonks.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm sorry Draper

Comment

*hugs*

*more hugs*
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

So very sorry for your losses.

Even though we all live our lives knowing that the basic order of life means that if we live long enough ourselves, we'll eventually lose our parents, somehow, that knowledge doesn't make it the least bit easier when faced with it. I still remember when my grandmother died - watching my Dad grieve for his mother as if he were a child, and he was already in his 60's by then.

It's even harder when you lose someone, and don't have enough time to truly grieve and get on with life before losing another loved one. I didn't have my parents as long as my Dad did, I was only in my 40's when we lost my Dad. Then, just over two years later, we had an 11 month span during which we lost my mother, my husband's mother, and his oldest brother. Way too much grief way too close together.

I found what helped get through it (you never get "over" it) is to keep the loved one in your memories, and talk over old memories. After my Dad died, I remember several family members were very dissaproving of my sister, brother and I, because they walked into a room and found us all laughing - we'd been trading old stories and memories of my Dad, bringing up the funniest and oddest of the family stories. We were celebrating his life, and I know he'd have been the first one to understand, even if others didn't.

Wishing you much comfort and love from all those around you as you go through a painful time.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I'm so sorry to read about that Draper Mel. I can't understand what you're going through. All I can offer is my condolences.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss (hugs)

Comment

Working...
              X