X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got a job?

Me. Me. I have a job!

I was called Monday evening by a guy who knew my name, but I couldn't place his voice. He identified himself, and I couldn't place the name. Then he mentioned his wife, with whom I worked ages ago, and it clicked.

He wanted to know if I'd like a part-time job (25 hours a week). Well, yes, of course! He asked me to send him my CV. I did so that night. You see, he'd asked around for someone qualified to do this job, and a friend who once worked with me recommended me. His wife gave him a second recommendation.

The following day, Tuesday, he confirmed that he had received my email. A few hours later, I got an email from the head of the HR department in his company, asking me if I could come for an interview on Thursday.

The interview took two hours. Most of it was a test. He came in at the end of the test, thanked me again, and walked me out.

Today, I got an email from him telling me that I had done well on the test. About an hour later, I got an email from the head of the HR department, with an enclosure that was a work agreement!

The job is in a beautiful old building downtown that was once the residence of a noble family. I have a view. I mean, a VIEW! And benefits. Yes. They may ask me to stay longer on any given day if the workload is heavy, and that's just fine with me.

I had been just scraping by. Now, I can pay my debts! I can DO things!

Yay me!

Hooray! Congratulations!

Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

You didn't tell me that. What kind of job is it?
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Woot! Congrats to you
        I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Awesome news! Congratulations!
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Yay! Thats great!

Comment

Congratulations! Fantastic! Let us know how it goes on your first day!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Comment

Great news! Congratulations!

Comment

YES! And it happened so quickly, from an entirely unexpected source!

Comment

Yay! I remember your struggles.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                        Then he mentioned his wife, with whom I worked ages ago,.... And it happened so quickly, from an entirely unexpected source!
                        And this, boys and girls, is why you don't burn bridges (as so many of our co-irkers seem bent on) if you can help it.

'grats Eireann, hope it's a good fit for you.

Comment

It certainly looks that way! Great location, benefits, PAID VACATION!

Now for repaying various people!

Comment

Congratulations. At last your luck is changing.

Comment

OMG OMGOMGOMG Yeah Baby!
                              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                              X