This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help from anyone who knows Latin please

It's as the title says. Please send a PM.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

PM sent. I'd be curious to know how many members here actually have studied Latin...
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

LOL. My entire Latin study consisted of one year, over 20 years ago, before the high school dropped it.

Comment

I got to sing in latin in college.
        so I can translate most of Carmina Burana - but only because they gave us the translation first, so that we knew what we were singing.

Comment

Crossbow helped me out (Thanks!), this thread can now rest in peace.
          Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I got to sing in latin in college.
            so I can translate most of Carmina Burana - but only because they gave us the translation first, so that we knew what we were singing.
            I know the lyrics to O Fortuna

Though they may not be the same ones as you know!
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
              heh that one was cute, tho it's hard for me to un-hear the latin cos i was so familiar with it.

Comment

I studied Latin for two years in my first high school (I went to three), from 1984-1986, so it's good that you got someone else to help you, because I don't remember all that much. Enough to recognize root bases in words, certainly, and to figure out what some words that I don't recognize mean, but not much more than that. Other than to offer this advice: ubi sub ubi. (I think that's how it's spelled. It's been a couple decades.)

And honestly, I would have continued studying Latin for all four years of high school, but my second and third high schools didn't offer Latin, and only required two years of a foreign language (my first high school required four), so I was good to go.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X