Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever see someone and just know he's gonna be trouble?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever see someone and just know he's gonna be trouble?

So this couple comes up with a TV. I have just jumped on the register so the guy asks me if I'm open and I answer in the affirmative as I'm signing into the computer. He then asks me again. Um, I'm doing something on the computer, my light is on, a line is forming behind you. But I'm not open.

Then after I ring it up he wants to know if we have a veterans' discount. I say we don't have anything like that. Immediately it's "What, [Company] doesn't care about vets??" I like to think it's more along the lines of we don't play favorites, but I don't say anything because I refuse to get in an argument. His wife chastises him and the rest goes smoothly. They leave happy, which is good for me. But really, get your politics out of my lane. I don't have time for that nonsense.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'm a vet. I always forget to ask about veteran discounts. When I do remember to ask, if I'm told "no", I certainly don't get snarky about it.

Comment

I wouldn't even bet that guy WAS a vet, there's a lot of idiots out there trying to scam discounts.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        I'm a vet. I always forget to ask about veteran discounts. When I do remember to ask, if I'm told "no", I certainly don't get snarky about it.
        Like I did 20 years to get 10% off at a store. Contrary to poplar belief nobody owes you anything.

*edit, sorry it sounds like I'm bashing you- but I agree and the rant is ment for the customer*
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

As far as knowing someone is going to be trouble, there's a certain type that kind of triggers my front desk Spidey sense. They usually end up arguing about the bill. Quite often they leave only when my beloved Boys in Blue tell them they can depart under their own power or in the back of that shiny Interceptor.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Immediately it's "What, [Company] doesn't care about vets??" I like to think it's more along the lines of we don't play favorites, but I don't say anything because I refuse to get in an argument.

Back when I worked at "ye olde craft store" a customer was complaining about our lack of senior discounts, "new craft store has one, pass it on" My manager was right there and responded with "ye olde craft store doesn't condone age or price discrimination, pass it on" (cue cat butt face and me trying hard not to giggle-he was a good manager*)

*I once wore earrings with an "iron cross" type design, they came from claire's boutique, a customer called in that "I was wearing swastikas", he came up and asked me to wear them daily, because "no one has the right to complain about someone's free expression, as long as it doesn't interfere with doing their job." He also encouraged me to continue my habit of unnatural hair colors.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
              Like I did 20 years to get 10% off at a store. Contrary to poplar belief nobody owes you anything.

*edit, sorry it sounds like I'm bashing you- but I agree and the rant is ment for the customer*
              I didn't take it as you bashing me You are right, nobody owes me anything. The main reason I have starting asking is because many eating places give a Veteran's discount or a Senior discount. Not both. If I forget to ask for the Veteran's discount, they give me the Senior discount which makes me Of course, I blame it on my sweetie. I certainly don't look old enough for one! They must give it to me because I'm with him and he does look older than dirt.

I probably shouldn't say this in public, but yeah, there are people I can tell as soon as I see them that they will be trouble. I know that you shouldn't judge by appearance and I don't...its the attitude that tips me off.

Comment

Working...
              X