This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Sh*t! Literally!

I think it's the same for many places, but our bar has an alarm installed inside the disabled toilet. Basically it's a big pull cord that someone tugs on if they are in trouble. It makes a high pitched screeching sound that is IMPOSSIBLE to miss.

So, my shift has literally just started, and I hear the noise. A couple of co-workers are really confused and annoyed about what the noise was. I recognised it, grabbed the emergency key for the door and made my way there.

I knocked on the door.

Me: Are you OK in there?
    SC: WHAT?!
    Me: I said, are you OK in there? The alarm is going off.
    SC: YEEESSHHHH....I'MMMM FINNNEEE!
    Me: OK sir, just so you know, there is a reset button next to the toilet. Press that and the alarm will stop.
    SC: THANKKKSSSHHH.

I go to walk away. A customer comes up and informs me that the person that entered the disabled toilet was EXTREMELLY drunk. Great.

It's five minutes later. The alarm is STILL going off. I go back to the door.

Me: Sir, are you sure you are OK in there?
    SC: YEEESSHHH, LEAAAVVEEE MEEE ALOOOOOONE!
    Me: Sir, press the RESET button next to the toilet!

Five minutes later...still nothing. The alarm is STILL going off. And the alarm is painful. It is just a continuous high pitched screech. Customers are complaining and leaving because of the noise, and a hungover co-worker was sufferering a lot.

I talk to the manager. We grab the key and go back to the door.

Me: Sir, you've been in there a long time.
    SC: GOOOOO AWWAAAYYY!
    Manager: Sir, we're opening the door now.
    SC: NOOOOOO!!!

We open the door...

It's like a punch in the face. The smell of shit. The drunken SC had shit ALL OVER THE FLOOR and had made some kind of drunken attempt to clean it up, but had just ended up flooding the toilet and smearing EVERYWHERE.

I was sick in my mouth and had to walk away. The manager went as pale as a sheet. The guy also had shit all over his legs and down his backside. The smell was released into the whole of the bar, co-workers and customers were gagging and walking outside.

The manager called the guy a taxi and basically shoved him out the door when it arrived. We closed the toilet door, locked it and put an out of order sign up on it. He manager was a hero and cleaned it up (I couldn't go near it). After that was done, it was time to find out who was responsible for the guy getting so drunk in the first place.

Turned out he had literally stumbled in off the street, walked into our toilet and proceeded to...well, do that!

That smell will haunt me for the rest of my life.

gah, I feel sick just reading that.

edit: But from the title I guess I deserved it.

It's like the time someone told me "Don't google for tubgirl. Don't blame me if you ignore this advice."
    Last edited by edible_hat; 06-05-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Uuuuuuugh!!!! Too gross for words....
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor manager that cleaned it up. But what else are you going to do short of getting a fire hose.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
        X