This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More clueless than sucky

I work as (among other things) CSR/Dispatch for a plumbing service company.

I just had this little gem:

Old Lady: OL
    Me: Original GK

Me: Opening schpiel naming the company
    OL - Yes you were out her a few months ago to fix a leak on my fridge.
    Me: O.k.
    OL - Well now it's running on. It's just running and running and running.
    Me: Well that doesn't sound like a plumbing issue. That sounds like you need someone who repairs appliances.
    OL - But you fixed it last time.
    Me: That's because it was a water line. We do plumbing, not appliance repair.
    OL: Isn't this (my company name)?
    Me: Yes. This is (my company name) Plumbing and Drain Cleaning.
    OL: But my fridge was leaking before.
    Me: Is it leaking again?
    OL: No. It won't stop running.
    Me: Then you need to call someone that repairs appliances.
    OL: Who does that?
    Me: *inward sigh* I have no idea. Maybe you could check the Yellow Pages under Appliances, and see if it mentions someone who repairs your manufacturer.
    OL: Well it's a Viking. If that tells you something.
    *no not really*
    OL: I looked and there was only a couple of guys. There was one named Fast Eddies. Do you think they might fix it?
    Me: I have no idea. Were you looking under Refrigerators or Appliances?
    OL: Refrigerators.
    Me: I'd try looking under appliances, and look for the logo for the manufacturer.
    OL: O.k.
    Me: Good luck with that. Have a nice day.
    "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Wow that really all did seem to go straight over her head but at least she seemed to get it in the end.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Color me extra confused.. the problem with the fridge was.. it was "running?" I don't even follow. But you should have turned the tables and picked the best 5th grade prank call of ever: "You say your refidgerator is running? Well.. you better go cacth it."
      I will never go to school!

Comment

BaristaTrav; when a fridge is "running", it means the motor in the rear has kicked on (this is usually to either cool the applicance or to run the ice maker) Usually the motor runs for a couple minutes and kicks off.

I'd say it sounds like the Fridge may have a thermostat problem or has a freon leak (the same stuff that's in your AC unit). It think's it's too hot so it's running to stay cool. She'd have to either clean the coils or get a new thermostat.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

At least she got it in the end, instead of demanding to speak with your manager for being rude.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            BaristaTrav; when a fridge is "running", it means the motor in the rear has kicked on (this is usually to either cool the applicance or to run the ice maker) Usually the motor runs for a couple minutes and kicks off.

I'd say it sounds like the Fridge may have a thermostat problem or has a freon leak (the same stuff that's in your AC unit). It think's it's too hot so it's running to stay cool. She'd have to either clean the coils or get a new thermostat.
            Thanks for the clarification. I still think my joke applies.
            I will never go to school!

Comment

Don't worry Barista Trav. it does.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
              X