Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brain to mouth filter fails me over and over again.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain to mouth filter fails me over and over again.

I had to call a manager over and explain to her that I might have a few complaints tonight.

We are busy because school is out, lots of vacations and end of the school year stuff, so lots of photos. So my manger decides to take a month long vacation leaving us short. We have one person in our dept. begging for a transfer out of our store do to her getting harassing phone calls which the policed have traced TO WITHIN THE BUILDING, and another who is trying to get fired (through she doesn't seem to know she is trying) by doing custom photo work on the clock during business hours for herself and family and ignoring customers, and 9 times out of ten stealing the photos she prints rather than paying for them.

All and all this makes me a frustrated lab rat this week as I am doing the paper work for the lab and the girl who is hoping to transfer is doing the orders for chemicals and supplies.

So, I am alone in the lab, trying to print a few orders for the one hour service in-between customers at the counter, a roll takes less than a minute so I ask nicely to the customers if I can go and print a few frames and get back to them while they typically find their claim tickets and get their money together.

I have a line of 4 to five folks, all have been really understanding. I ask the lady at the counter her information so I can try and find her prints, name, service used, day sent out, because understandably she lost the ticket in the few days since she dropped her film off, that sort of thing when a SC SHOVES this tiny little nurse out of his way in the middle of her answers and SCREAMS at me "What the F*ck do I have to do to get a God Damn camera"
    Now, he has not been in the area shopping, he just walked in from the front doors, and whatever baggage he is carrying is not my fault and CERTAINLY not the fault of the woman who was just trying to pick up her film.

I walk over to the lady and make sure she is okay then turn to the guy and say,"wait in line like a human being, like all these other nice folks have done for the past 10 minutes and then I will TRY and help you."

I walk away get the lady's film and come back and charge her, collect payment, walk back to my machine and print a roll really fast, return to the counter and say next, ignoring the big huffing mass of anger standing at the counter. I go through my spiel and get the next lady, then the next guy, and for those counting I still have 1-2 customers left.

the SC screams "I am not f*cking waiting help me NOW"
    I turn and say no.

go back to helping the man who waited in line.
    he stalks off to the dept. next to mine and grabs T who works in the gaming area. I hear the works C*nt and B*tch and whore, tossed around as he shows T the ad for the camera he wants. T calmingly helps him by telling him we don't carry the camera and since I would be the one he would need to talk to about finding it at another location, he never will.
    The SC son walked up and said he was sorry his dad was such an a**hole to me.

The manager of the day said not to worry, they can always pull the tapes, just make a note of when the guy was in and what he looked like.

there was more but that was the most dramatic.
    Last edited by Aislin; 06-05-2008, 05:39 AM.

most managers, at least at my store, would say to call them after the "what the fuck do I have to do" line and then just say "don't do it again", and I have one particular AM that shows a wonderful amount of spine to customers

if it was me it would have gone something like

SC:WTF do I have to do to get a god damn camera?!
    ME:wait for a manager *call management and tell them the customer is upset*
    MGR walks up and I explain
    MGR:"sir, you need to watch your language" then some would get him the camera and others would tell him to GTFO, and I'd call the ones that would say to GTFO by name

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
      I have a line of 4 to five folks, all have been really understanding. I ask the lady at the counter her information so I can try and find her prints, name, service used, day sent out, because understandably she lost the ticket in the few days since she dropped her film off, that sort of thing when a SC SHOVES this tiny little nurse out of his way in the middle of her answers and SCREAMS at me "What the F*ck do I have to do to get a God Damn camera"
      Now, he has not been in the area shopping, he just walked in from the front doors, and whatever baggage he is carrying is not my fault and CERTAINLY not the fault of the woman who was just trying to pick up her film.

I walk over to the lady and make sure she is okay then turn to the guy and say,"wait in line like a human being, like all these other nice folks have done for the past 10 minutes and then I will TRY and help you."

I walk away get the lady's film and come back and charge her, collect payment, walk back to my machine and print a roll really fast, return to the counter and say next, ignoring the big huffing mass of anger standing at the counter. I go through my spiel and get the next lady, then the next guy, and for those counting I still have 1-2 customers left.

the SC screams "I am not f*cking waiting help me NOW"
      I turn and say no.

go back to helping the man who waited in line.
      he stalks off to the dept. next to mine and grabs T who works in the gaming area. I hear the works C*nt and B*tch and whore, tossed around as he shows T the ad for the camera he wants. T calmingly helps him by telling him we don't carry the camera and since I would be the one he would need to talk to about finding it at another location, he never will.

The manager of the day said not to worry, they can always pull the tapes, just make a note of when the guy was in and what he looked like.

I wouldn't sweat it...the SC was the one being incredibly rude there. You handled the situation the best of your abilities and kept your cool. Thankfully you have evidence (the tape) if something were to come up.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

He wasn't just rude he actually assaulted another customer.

I think any shop should ask someone to leave at that point and call the police (I do understand that individual staff members may not have this authority). As a customer I think I would take my custom elsewhere if I had experienced or witnessed that - because that store was doing nothing to protect all the non-sucky customers.

Sucky as it can be to do the "I'm never shopping here again" the way some companies cave in makes me think that good customers should politely pull that when stores give in to sucky customers. While there are many annoying idiots out there they aren't the majority - it's like the 5 items of less tills, if as many people complained about the rule not being enforced as did about it being enforced companies would allow the cashiers to do so.

He treated the staff in a way that should be completely unacceptable, and treated the other customers in a way that made their experience of that business extremely negative. One of him + many people adversely effected = a customer not worth having even if he had been spending money.

Victoria J

Comment

my company fails at protecting it's customers and employees sadly
          I had called for a manager over an hour earlier to get a cashier to cover the counter so I could run the lab and no one responded. T called when he had over heard the conversation which I just learned today and they did not come.
          I am sure we lost that woman as a customer but there is little to nothing that would have been done. I did give her a large discount on her next order writing it up as an apology for what she had to go through (it is a large order of prints, and I did call and leave her a message telling her as such.

Comment

You did the best you could in an unpleasant situation. Too bad jerks like him think they're so much more important than everyone else.
            Quoth Aislin View Post
            Kudos to the son for having good manners and not following in his father's footsteps. It's a shame that his father's behavior is so horrible that the kid is embarrassed and has to apologize for it.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Would have been funny if the lady he shoved turned right back around and decked him.

And good for his kid; at least he's not going to grow up to be a complete f*ckwad like his dad.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

...SC SHOVES this tiny little nurse out of his way...
                Glad this wasn't my customer, cause he would have ridden the podiat/gludius-maximus express out the door! I salute you!
                *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

You were incredible. If that had been me and he screamed like that at me, I couldn't care less if I had the authority to say so, my answer woulda been "You turn right back around and get out of this store right now, 'sir'. Remove yourself from the property immediately or I call the cops. That kind of behaviour isn't permitted here."
                  "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Working...
                  X