Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know a real estate agent? Good for you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    Like the couple with one kid in a 3 bedroom, two bath house whining about not having enough room.
    Quoth Aria View Post
    I can totally understand wanting different rooms for all those things...
    Agreed with Aria. But also wondering, what's that lady using the third bedroom for?

We bought a 4-bed 2.5-bath house when we moved. The fourth bedroom is my craft room, in addition to being the guest room (we currently use an air mattress, and are looking into a bed option that can fold up very compactly when not in use). The only reason our three kids are in two bedrooms instead of one is because the only room big enough to house all three is the master bedroom, and Hubby and I laid claim to that one. Our office is in what was the dining room because we can fit our table in the breakfast nook.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

What I remembering finding crazy was the fact that on the show I watched, they were first time home buyers with very small budgets. So you'd watch these people have unrealistic expectations for their budget and dismiss a house that was nearly perfect. Why'd they dismiss it? Because of something relatively easily fixable like paint color, or older carpet, or the lawn had some weeds.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        My dad and I love to watch those real estate shows just to see what kind of priorities the rich people have. Like the couple with one kid in a 3 bedroom, two bath house whining about not having enough room. My living room doubles as dining room, fitness area AND craft studio but thus bitch wanted a different room for all those functions. For $100 a month more. Yeah good luck with that.
        My house is 4300 or 4700 square feet, depending on what set of plans you believe (there's some discrepancies in the original plans and in the plans for the addition that was built a few years after the original house). It's 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths, formal and informal dining rooms and a rec room that's bigger than the entirety of my 3 bedroom/2 bath apartment in North Dakota.

I sometimes complain that I need more space*.

I'll just go to the corner and hang my head in shame now.

*I also sometimes complain that it's too big and too much work to keep clean, so that might balance it out.
        Last edited by mathnerd; 01-29-2016, 07:24 PM.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          What I remembering finding crazy was the fact that on the show I watched, they were first time home buyers with very small budgets. So you'd watch these people have unrealistic expectations for their budget and dismiss a house that was nearly perfect. Why'd they dismiss it? Because of something relatively easily fixable like paint color, or older carpet, or the lawn had some weeds.
          I know, right? I live in a 1BR, 650 sq foot apt. And honestly, space wise its pretty decent. I would love a second BR and a w/d but in my area, a. its pricy anyway, i pay just under 1300 for what I have now, and b. most apts of my type are older, and no w/d. the newer ones do, but they can run you close to 2K for a slightly larger one BR

Comment

Our house is a 3bd, 2 ba. In theory it *should* be just fine for us. Except that Hubs and I both work from home (with the exception of my PT job) and the kids are homeschooled now. So pretty much we're all always home. I'd love to have my own sewing room and not share the office with hubs. And hubs would love to have a train room, instead of setting up his tables in the master bedroom. Plus a school room would be nice. All we have now is an awkward nook in the dining room with bookshelves and a desk.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              I know, right? I live in a 1BR, 650 sq foot apt. And honestly, space wise its pretty decent. I would love a second BR and a w/d but in my area, a. its pricy anyway, i pay just under 1300 for what I have now, and b. most apts of my type are older, and no w/d. the newer ones do, but they can run you close to 2K for a slightly larger one BR
              My condo is almost identical! I pay around 900 a month in mortgage. Man, I wish I had a second bedroom... then I'd have a fitness room. And a good place to put my cookbooks. Oh well, to the gym with me!

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                My condo is almost identical! I pay around 900 a month in mortgage. Man, I wish I had a second bedroom... then I'd have a fitness room. And a good place to put my cookbooks. Oh well, to the gym with me!
                I have this recurring dream that i have an "extra" room off the corner of my DR. and its being unused, and my dilemma is i don't know what to use it for, or put in it!

i would love a 3 BR anything; maybe with a garage and basement. one room as a BR, a second as an office/guest room with second bed, and the last one, hmm. perhaps, depending on what else i had, and where it was, turn into a closet/boudoir. hahahahahahaha.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                  I have this recurring dream that i have an "extra" room off the corner of my DR. and its being unused, and my dilemma is i don't know what to use it for, or put in it!
                  That's so funny, I've had a similar dream about a previous apartment! I dreamed that there was this door I hadn't noticed (similar to that Dr Who episode, except I had this dream years before that came out) and behind the door was an extra room!

My place is small, around 430 sq ft. My "bedroom" doesn't have a closet, and is actually a front porch which was walled in. But the rent is cheap for here and the heat/hot water/gas stove is included in rent. I would like to move to a place with a larger kitchen. My current counter space is about 50"x24", usable space after drying rack, coffeemaker, etc is 30"x16." Yes, I just measured. I really like baking, so this is hard to deal with. I have an IKEA table in the living room which I use as prep space. (This table, the price went up since I bought it)
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    Why'd they dismiss it? Because of something relatively easily fixable like paint color, or older carpet, or the lawn had some weeds.
                    I'll just be over here, banging my head against the wall. That right there is the very definition of unrealistic expectations, if ever I saw one.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    I sometimes complain that I need more space*.
                    That's okay, we forgive you.

I do feel we need more space too, but since this is our first house, I'm willing to wait. The biggest things are that I'd like a bigger laundry room (it's not a closet, but it's still super-cramped) and we could use more storage space. I honestly think we had more in our 3BR apartment (that had an attic) than we do here. Thing is, the attic in this house is smaller than the one in the apartment, and out in the main living area a past renovation took out most of the walls to make it open concept, but that means we have very little space in the main living area to put normal shelves and it completely lacks closets out there. The open concept is very nice, but the loss of storage space not so much.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post

That's okay, we forgive you.

I do feel we need more space too, but since this is our first house, I'm willing to wait. The biggest things are that I'd like a bigger laundry room (it's not a closet, but it's still super-cramped) and we could use more storage space. I honestly think we had more in our 3BR apartment (that had an attic) than we do here. Thing is, the attic in this house is smaller than the one in the apartment, and out in the main living area a past renovation took out most of the walls to make it open concept, but that means we have very little space in the main living area to put normal shelves and it completely lacks closets out there. The open concept is very nice, but the loss of storage space not so much.
                      Thanks.

The laundry room is one of the spaces I complain the most bitterly about. There's also no attic nor basement (attic is insulation only and the part of the house that isn't on a slab has a dirt floor, slightly taller than crawl space area under it), so all our storage needs must be met via closets and the garage. The garage is packed to capacity with MrNerd's "toy" collection (a couple classic cars and motorcycles). There's some amount of tool and chemical storage around the edges, but not much. I do have two large hallway closets on the third floor, the larger of which I use the way most people would use a storage attic, but it's just not big enough. Also, the giant rec room is difficult to use in a way that I'd like. It's just one big, open space. I'd like to rip it down to the studs and remodel it. I saw a space at a friend's house that I'd like to copy. It has a small, but full service bar in one corner and the rest of the space looks like a small bar/club. It's a fantastic area for entertaining, and we have the space to pull it off, but MrNerd has squished my dreams.
                      Last edited by mathnerd; 01-29-2016, 09:43 PM.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        Agreed with Aria. But also wondering, what's that lady using the third bedroom for?
                        Do we *want* to know?

But seriously, my house is less than 1000 square feet. 2 bedrooms, single bath, galley-style kitchen. But then again, I'm just here by myself with two kittehs. But, I wouldn't mind another bedroom (for guests), a slightly larger basement, and a bigger garage. Even so, I make do
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"You know a real estate agent? good, they can lend you the money themselves"

is what I would respond to that. As well as asking their name, so I know what real estate agent to avoid in future.(both to ut a property on the market with, and not accepting their valuations)

Comment

Working...
                          X