This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why bother with appointments

I generally see people who walk in to an open door advice centre - but if we need to spend further time with someone, or follow something up, sometimes I'll make an appointment with someone in what is really my paperwork time.

Yesterday I was helping a woman, and we discovered we needed one piece of information she didn't have available - but which we needed to give someone on the phone. So she needed to come back.

I asked her to come in at 3pm today. She said she couldn't do that as she was picking her child(ren) up from school. I suggested 2.3opm. That was great, perfect, it was very kind of me to make it earlier etc. etc.

She turned up half an hour late.

She was also really apologetic about coming late.

Victoria J

I'm wondering if she's going to be as apologetic when she shows up late to pick up her kids... if that's indeed the case.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
      I'm wondering if she's going to be as apologetic when she shows up late to pick up her kids... if that's indeed the case.
      She appeared to have already done so. At least she had a little boy with her.

(He was sweet - he got really excited and started pointing at me and we couldn't work out why, it turned out to be the doodles on my note pad which I was holding).

It makes even less sense though - because she had said she had to leave at 3 on the dot to make it to the school. I have no idea where she got the child from then.

I just hopes he's hers

She's in the kind of very advanced stage of pregnancy where no one's willing to argue with you. (Discomfort plus hormones make a person wary).

Victoria J

Comment

Working...
      X