• Show
Clear All

• Wanna Bet?

ME:"OK, your total is $5.72, will that be Debit or Credit?"
    SC:*shows me her card*
    ME: "EBT, then, your EBT total is $3.19"
    SC: *swipes card, enters PIN, etc.*
    SC:*to friend* "I've only got like 1 something on here."
    ME: "Oh, I'll need to know how much is on there, if I run the whole total, it won't go through."
    SC: "It will just take off what I have, it's fine."
    ME: "Trust me, it won't work."
    SC: "OK, I'll bet you my salad bar that it'll work."
    ME: "You're on."
    ME:*runs card for full amount**
    PIN Pad: "Card declined, insufficient funds."
    SC: "I don't want it then." *huffs out*
    ME: mutters "You owe me three dollars, bitch"
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

You bet with your customers?! Lucky!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      You bet with your customers?! Lucky!
      my old roommate used to "coin" her guests (it's a military thing, she worked at a hotel out by the air force base) and oh were they pissed when they would come down to the desk at 3am and leave their coins in their rooms and she'd plop down her coin on the counter (she got it from a traveling VIP) and every single time they saw the coin they were just like "shit, what type of drink do I owe you"

background, the tradition on coining, if one coin holder takes out there coin and asks to see the other coin holders coin and they don't have it, the coinee owes the coiner a drink, if they do have it the coiner owes the coinee a drink.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Can this be any coin or a specific coin??
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Can this be any coin or a specific coin??
          it's a specific coin... I used to have one from ROTC, it's about and inch and a half across and has the unit name, unit number, and symbol on it... unless it is an honorary coin which will only have the unit name and symbol

Comment

...BF went to ROTC. I wonder if he still has his coin?

Comment

...BF went to ROTC. I wonder if he still has his coin?
              he might... just don't let him near me if he does because I lost mine.

kinda OT, but have you noticed how you, thehippie, and I have a really bad habit of threadjacking every thread we're in?

Comment

I have a 25th anniversary Sobriety coin. Will that suffice?
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Where I work, if an EBT card goes through or gets declined, the amount left on the card will show on the screen which means the checker can put in the remaining amount if the total is higher than the card amount. Same thing applies to store gift cards.
                  My Fanfic Page
                  My Fiction Page
                  My Social Group
                  My Pet Social Group
                  My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    he might... just don't let him near me if he does because I lost mine.

kinda OT, but have you noticed how you, thehippie, and I have a really bad habit of threadjacking every thread we're in?
                    On Topic: I'll be sure to keep him away from you.

Off Topic: .....no..... One day the three of us should just open a chat window and run our mouths until we all have to go back to work.

Comment

hey i try to help to!!!!
                      on topic when i was on food stamps a knew on occasion i went some place that wouldnt apply the balance right away, i knew it and told them my total on there
                      now is anyone else bored?

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                        Where I work, if an EBT card goes through or gets declined, the amount left on the card will show on the screen which means the checker can put in the remaining amount if the total is higher than the card amount. Same thing applies to store gift cards.
                        Lucky.

Our customers don't seem to understand that we can't look up certain things. While I can look up the balance on a store credit or on a store gift card, I cannot look up the balance on your visa or american express gift card, or the card your child support was put on. I just can't. At least not the same way I can the store issued cards (by pressing a magic button the register that says something like "balance inquiry").

Well, I COULD, the same way they could...by calling whatever toll free number is on the damned thing, and getting it.

I've begun asking customers if they know the balance on the card, and they usually get pissy with me, even after I explain--that if the balance on the card is less than the total of their bill, then it will be declined, if I just run it as straight credit. Even a "I think I've got like 6 dollars on there" is better than..."uh, I don't know, can't you just run it and tell me what my balance is....!!!!"

Assholes.
                        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                          Oh yeah, it'll show the amount after it's been declined, but it won't just take the remaining total off, which is what she was insisting it would do. That only works with our store gift cards.

I just don't like to run it if I know it won't go through, because each card can only be declined three times a day, after that it won't work. (So I'm told, at least)
                          Last edited by ArcticChicken; 06-06-2008, 05:30 PM.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I seem to be the only person who doesn't know what EBT is.
                            Clearly this is not something we have in Canada.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                              I seem to be the only person who doesn't know what EBT is.
                              Clearly this is not something we have in Canada.
                              EBT/food stamps. It's basically a debit card account that the state puts money into every month. It's designed for individuals and families with low incomes.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of stuff that food stamps won't cover that these people want it to. Beer, cigarettes, etc....

IMHO, it's one of the suckiest things about working in a grocery store.
                              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X