This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wonder if Bitch is a Race

This is a letter I wrote to my boss after an incident tonight, names have been changed to protect the innocent:

Diane,

Attached is the return that caused the drama last night. I’ve written a note to Bob (Store Manager) about it, but I could barely write since I was very angry while writing the note. About 7 PM last night a customer comes in to return three packages of porkchops. When I get them out, there is a black circle on the tag, and I couldn’t locate where the amount of the coupon was no the reciept. *at our store we mark down meat that is close to sale by date with little coupons, the meat dept circles the amount on the tag and on the coupon so that a customer can take it off and try to use it on other meat*.
    So I call Matt, to ask him..and he shows me the coupon savings on the reciept so that I can deduct them from the total. I just wanted to be clear. When he leaves I walk back up and the lady tells me that she is ‘not trying to swindle us’, I said okay rang up the return and gave her the money. She calls me rude and says that she knows ‘the manager’. I apologized. She said she didn't appreciate being treated 'like a criminal'. (*I'm just doing my job, and the last time I checked I'm customer service and not a cop*)
    Then she points at the freshness guarantee sign. I told her that I didn’t give it to her because she bought the meat three days ago. I told her that if she had bought the meat that day, and it was spoiled, I would have gave her the money back. She asks me if that is ‘your policy or the store policy.’ I said it was the policy to the best that I understood it. So I call up Matt, again.
    Matt said something differently and said he thought it was three days after the purchase date. It is at that time that I notice the meat is a day past sell by date. There was no way I was going to give her double her money back for meat that is past the sell by date. So she gets angry, and walks out. Well actually, she hid around the corner and heard me telling Matt what she said and I told him to tell Bob in case she wants to call.
    She comes back around and asks if Matt is the manager he says he is. So she starts complaining on and on about me. I had enough of her and was getting pretty angry that she was trying to get me in trouble for doing my job. So I go back to the office. It is about that time she says ‘that unlike him (me) I treat everyone with respect no matter what they look like.’ She was insinuating that I was racist! I was very angry (*pissed was a better word, but I was trying to be polite*) about that, I really did not appreciate being called a racist because I was doing my job when I had a question. So I stepped out and apologized to her for doing my job, and I slammed the door to the office. I really had to contain myself, because she made me really angry by calling me racist.
    I wanted to make you aware of the situation and let you guys have my perspective in case she tries to twist my words. Matt knew about the incident as well.

-AmericanZero

I wonder if bitch is a race...if it is then yes, I'm a racist. I hate bitches.
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Wow... what a bitch.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My hat is off to you..

There is no way I could have held my tongue... I would have let her have it and gotten myself fired.

Steve B.

Comment

Much for dealing with that bitch and keeping your cool. It would've taken every ounce of strength I had to keep me from ripping her a new one and then some.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Wow. I huess we could call her Grade A Bitch.

Comment

I huess we could call her Grade A Bitch.
            ROLF!

That made my day! Thanks!
            *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
            *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              Wow. I huess we could call her Grade A Bitch.
              USDA Choice?
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I prefer Super King Kamehameha Bee-atch.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There's no reason to apologize to anyone for doing your job.

Comment

Why can't people understand that you hate them for reasons not related to the color of their skin?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      I wonder if her name was Sheila.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        That's when you break into a musical number.

"Ooohhhhh, Yes, you're a bitch, you're a big big bitch, you're the biggest bitch in the whole wide world."

See, everything would be so much better if life were a musical.
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Nothing wrong with being a bitch-ist. XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X