This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?

I thought I'd come back because I missed the stories. But this forum seems a little sparse. I was looking forward to Argabarga's towfiles again, but there hasn't been any in what, a year?
    Have people been scared off by the "unsafe" warnings from Opera and Firefox? Is there no one to maintain the site anymore? Are people too busy working to post here?

Some of us are still here, but this place definitely isn't as busy as it once was.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

The mass exodus of those running in terror has absolutely nothing to do with me I assure you
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I think a lot of people are just posting their stories on Facebook rather than sharing here.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I haven't been around because when I joined I worked only 32 to 40 hours a week and currently I have two jobs. Plus, my full-time isn't retail or service anymore so I have no stories about customers. Well, I do occasionally post about coworkers but I have fewer stories overall. My part-time is retail but I've not had a single bad customer in 5 months. Anyway, was I even around when you were?
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

In my case, I lost my long-time job two years ago and it took me 15 months to find another. I have an hour-and-a-half commute now, and I hate to admit it but I've been very depressed as well, so I have little energy to do much after work.

I do think about this site a lot and check it out once in a while.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I did my time in retail, but I've been...let's just say "retired" since an auto accident around 2012 or so Gives me more time to come here and delete spam messages

The upshot, however, is no new stories unless they're ones I remember or ones I get from others.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You are not the only one who is looking forward to Argabärgarens tow files.
                Been rereading parts of forum to calm my cravings.

Comment

In my case, I am no longer employed in retail, and am now working in data entry. I truly am an ex-cashier.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm still working in a used-book store. We don't get too many sucky customers, the ones we do get we can just stare down. The worst I regularly have to deal with is wandering books, and that's basically entropy.

It helps that Our Sort Of People don't get shirty with the 70-year-old in a wheelchair behind the desk.

Comment

I don't recall whether I was a member here when you were around . I don't post my stuff on FB even though none of my current coworkers are "friends" because why take the risk ...

I work as a grocery store cashier but the sucky customers at my store are rare indeed. It's often more of a case (especially now, with the COVID issue) of people not thinking. I often have to ask people to please back up, away from the customer currently at the card reader, but to date everybody has been "Oops, sorry" about it. Ditto for the times when I have to say "I'm sorry, but you can only have [two cans of soup] or [one package of TP]." The worst I get is 'Oh, sorry, I didn't see a sign" said in a polite tone of voice. I'm damn sure the signs are up there, but again, the customers are polite and non-argumentative about it, so I figure it's just a case of not seeing what was actually there, which is quite common.

It's definitely gotten quieter around here, which may or may not be a good thing (fewer people being sucky??)
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I retired in August. Due to my extreme hatred of people after so many years of customer service, I didn't wait for the COVID rush and started self isolating shortly thereafter.

I read here every day, but haven't posted because no stories

Comment

Same here. I read the site almost daily, but I don't work so I don't have anything much to post. Except when I get an idea for the customer complaint letter game.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I had computer issues and had to reset my computer. As a result, all my shortcuts vanished, so I've been busily retrieving them from Silicon Heaven. I didn't realize I'd forgotten the shortcut to this site until I told my husband about one of Argabarga's posts, and realized I hadn't been here in awhile. So, I'm back.

Comment

Still here. My tax office is closed (I turned in the key mid-April) likely 'til early July as the deadline to file and pay was extended to July 15th.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X